Another question!

PoohBears#1fan

DIS Veteran
Hi :p

I was just wondering whether any of you have used your points to stay at any of the European resorts and what they're like.

I know once we have them, the temptation to use them exclusively for Disney will far outweigh any common sense, but with a baby due in December, a Spanish hotel next year could be a sensible option.

Thanks

I've book at the Royal Garden for a night (a good London hotel), and at Disneyland Paris, both without any problems. Bear in mind that hotels do eat up your points and the number required will probably go up each year (a personal grudge of mine). So actually using them at Disney, particularly at the DVC resort, really is common sense!!! Also if you aren't staying at a Disney hotel you pay a $75 " booking fee".

Listen to me, after 6 posts I sound like I know it all!!! I so don't - I'm just obsessed!!

Becky

Thanks Becky,

it is nice to know that these hotels are out there, although I have a feeling we'd spend the whole time thinking how much better the points would have been spent going to WDW!

I can understand your thinking if you are expecting a baby in December. Our little girl is two next week, and no way do I want to fly all the way to Florida with her just yet! So it's DLP for our fix this year, and probably next.

Becky

Bless her, my daughter was 2 1/2 the first time she flew out there and it was great. I'd probably not have chosen to take her at such a young age but my brother got married in Georgia so we went out for the wedding then flew down to WDW for a week afterwards. She had a fabulous time, we went back last year when she was 5 1/2 and we were amazed at how much she could remember. (the video probably helped though!)

I'm thinking this baby should be raised in theme parks - start as you mean to go on!!! lol

I've used points to stay at DLP and thought it was a pretty fair deal ( for four of us) Given that it includes breakfast and parktickets the less people you take the less "value" you get for your points. I know someone used II for a stay in Spain or Portugal and were very impressed with the accommodation. I know a few of the resorts in the II exchange and all of them were good quality. Supposedly the DVC resorts are the most requested on II's books so it shouldn't be difficult to get the resort you desire, but I haven't got first hand experience to back up that statement.

Sorry, but I was steering you wrong yesterday. I was reading the Member Guidebook in bed last night (as you do) and I realised that if you want to stay at a resort in Spain, you do it on an exchange basis. So you swap your week at Disney for someone elses week in Spain and it only 'costs' you the number of points you would have used for a 1-2 br villa at your home resort. So it should use less points than staying in a hotel for any length of time.

Becky

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!