Another Royal Wedding

It will be re-broadcast at 7:25 am ET.

I am happy for Eugenie and Jack. They’re an attractive couple and apparently have been together for 7 years. I like that the younger royals seem to be more down to earth.

I read the other day that Camilla won't be attending due to a "prior commitment." If she's not there with one of her outrageous hats, what sense is there in watching?

Weird, right? Its a family wedding, what is a bigger commitment???

Eh. It’s her husband’s niece. Here on the Dis, family wedding invitations are just invitations. People regularly post that they don’t go to family weddings. for all kinds of reasons: My minor kid wasn’t invited & I never leave them or use a baby sitter; older kid was invited, younger one wasn’t & that isn’t fair; kids have a sporting event; out of town wedding don’t want to or not able to afford to go, prefer to use time off work & money for vacation not family wedding; spouse would stay with kids but I don’t want to go alone, etc, etc, etc.

Camilla has kids of her own too. We have no idea what commitments she might have. Just like they say in the Dis: it’s an invitation, not a command. RSVP & do what works for you. Just because it is publicly televised shouldn’t change that.

Reactions: Kae
The article said Camilla is visiting a school in Scotland and it was scheduled long before the wedding date was announced.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celeb...-duchess-camilla-not-attending-royal-wedding/

Very foolish of Eugenie not to check with Camilla before setting the date. ;)

There are rumors that Camilla and Fergie don't get along. Maybe the two of them got into a cat fight in the ladies room during Harry and Meghan's wedding.

Last edited:

The article said Camilla is visiting a school in Scotland and it was scheduled long before the wedding date was announced.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celeb...-duchess-camilla-not-attending-royal-wedding/

Very foolish of Eugenie not to check with Camilla before setting the date. ;)

There are rumors that Camilla and Fergie don't get along. Maybe the two of them got into a cat fight in the ladies room during Harry and Meghan's wedding.
I can see Fergie and Camilla duking it out. I can see Camilla saying something to provoke Fergie and then Fergie giving her a good old smack down. I think Fergie and Diana were very good friends, they both just got so beaten down by everyone in the royal house-they both basically gave up and left.

I recently read the wedding is costing about $4.3 million US. It's much, much less than Harry's wedding because there is so much less security and PR required. I also read there's been over 800 guests invited. Doing the math, that's $5,375.00/pp in a cover-your-plate scenario. Since many in the last wedding gift thread said they add a little extra as an actual gift, I think 6 grand per guest should cover it. :rotfl2:

I just looked at the TLC website and it says they're broadcasting live at 4:25 am. Any idea what timezone?

Nah, just go to Walmart and have a $20 toaster engraved with the royal crest.

That should be more than enough to cover a plate at any wedding, no matter how many members from the same family attend! :thumbsup2

Impossible to know what’s true but I just read yesterday on one of those silly click-bait news feeds that they’re good friends. They’re basically both outsiders who caused scandal and they “get” each other. :confused3

I just tried to set my DVR for tomorrow morning and my channel guide doesn’t have it listed. It shows hours and hours of Say Yes to the Dress re-runs. Anybody else seeing that? What time should I be recording? :confused:

I just tried to set my DVR for tomorrow morning and my channel guide doesn’t have it listed. It shows hours and hours of Say Yes to the Dress re-runs. Anybody else seeing that? What time should I be recording? :confused:

Scroll in between all the times Say Yes to the Dress is on. It should be listed in there. Who is your cable provider? Maybe you have to check a different channel? Aren't you in Canada - one of the Commonwealths? You probably are automatically getting it on a BBC channel instead so it's being pre-empted on TLC in CAN. Just start scrolling all the channels during 2:25am Mountain Time.

I am hoping it is a beautiful wedding. The press sure has not been kind to those 2 sisters.

Yes, thats true, I think its the medias dislike of their mother that caused that, its unfair to these young ladies.
It should be interesting at the church,with all the talk about how much Prince Phillip dislikes Sarah.

From the perspective of a Brit, a lot of people do not like these girls because they have chosen not to work as royals or partake in royal duties as other royals have done, and yet they still take advantage of their wealth and links with the royal family (i.e. the Queen, Prince Harry and William, etc who all contribute enormously to the country and our economy. Most people don’t have a problem with the Royal Family, because while they are funded by the taxpayer, their existence brings more money into the country than their cost to the taxpayer. The problem is that while the Queen, for example, works tirelessly, Eugenie and Beatrice frankly do very little to contribute and yet still reap some of the rewards of being part of the royal family. The sisters and their parents have been known to take excessively lavish trips at the cost of the taxpayer, either directly or indirectly, and this is not well received. Most recently there is uproar that the taxpayer is footing the bill for security for Eugenie’s wedding, which many people believe should be funded by her parents. Put simply, there’s a lot of controversy surrounding their lavish spending and where exactly they get their funding from.

From the perspective of a Brit, a lot of people do not like these girls because they have chosen not to work as royals or partake in royal duties as other royals have done, and yet they still take advantage of their wealth and links with the royal family (i.e. the Queen, Prince Harry and William, etc who all contribute enormously to the country and our economy. Most people don’t have a problem with the Royal Family, because while they are funded by the taxpayer, their existence brings more money into the country than their cost to the taxpayer. The problem is that while the Queen, for example, works tirelessly, Eugenie and Beatrice frankly do very little to contribute and yet still reap some of the rewards of being part of the royal family. The sisters and their parents have been known to take excessively lavish trips at the cost of the taxpayer, either directly or indirectly, and this is not well received. Most recently there is uproar that the taxpayer is footing the bill for security for Eugenie’s wedding, which many people believe should be funded by her parents. Put simply, there’s a lot of controversy surrounding their lavish spending and where exactly they get their funding from.

WOW! I had no idea, thanks for the info.

This is what I was lured into reading the other day. :blush: It was one of those sidebar, click-bait links for, "You might be interested in reading about. . . " So, I'm not sure of the accuracy, but it said that basically the only descendants that automatically get the "royal" title (and jobs) of prince or princess at birth are only the ones who are in direct succession to the throne. That means only Charles, William & baby George.

Not everyone else automatically becomes a prince or princes. Everyone else was gifted their title(s) by the reigning king or queen. William was gifted the Dukedom of Cambridge, and Kate the Duchess. When Harry got married, he & Meghan were gifted the Dukedom of Sussex.

Andrew & Fergie were gifted the Dukedom of York.

On the other hand, Princess Anne, who actually booked more royal engagements each year than either the Queen or later, Diana did, upon marrying, her then husband politely declined being made a lord. And when Anne's children were born, she & DH declined the queen gifting the children the titles of prince & princess. (I guess she'd had enough of royal duty!) And the children have gone on to live lives as "commoners" and have been able to choose regular professions and have publicly stated they are very grateful to their parents for not saddling them with being "royal" and all the duties that go with it.

Whereas, Andrew & Fergie accepted the title of princess for their daughters, but, the daughters don't seem to really WANT to do all that goes with the JOB of what a royal does. Although, as you say, they still take advantage of their wealth and links with the royal family. I think they are in an awkward position. They have the titles, not by choice. They DO have to show up every now & then to royal events, but don't want to do all the work - because they are also not on the payroll. Nor, I suspect, really want to be. Even though Andrew would like them to be, so he can stop paying for them.

As for the security for Eugenie’s wedding, having the royal title puts a target on her by Isis & Al qaeda and other terrorists as she represents the country/government. Again, she didn't choose that position. It's not like Meghan & Kate, who knew the risks they married into. I think it's kind of unfair to expect the family only to foot the whole bill for someone who may be in danger because represents the country/government. It's not the same as if she was only in danger by an ex-boyfriend-turned stalker, which is a private situation.

Here is the link, if anyone else wants to read it:

https://www.vogue.com.au/celebrity/...s/news-story/b657eb7a2bbb247ffc5ba3370e09292b

I’m up with insomnia and remembered about the wedding. Off to watch it for awhile.

Aww snap! I didn’t get it recorded - our cable version of TLC didn’t carry it. :mad: I just googled a few clips on YouTube though. I saw her walk down the aisle and is it just me or was that music super-discordant sounding?

SPOILER ALERT!
I liked the dress better than Meghan Markle’s; regal and understated (which I guess is the “look” for royal brides right now) but without a veil the overall impression was pretty underwhelming. Did anybody recognize the tiara? It’s definitely not the York that was made for Fergie.

I also saw a few seconds of Beatrice doing a reading, wearing what looked like a day suit rather than a gown. That’s weird considering she was supposed to be the MOH. Want little I saw of the gallery seemed like the guests were all attired very sombrely. I think the Queen was actually wearing grey. Weird but maybe just the season. All in all, the little bit I saw lacked the “atmosphere” of Harry’s wedding but I guess that’s to be expected. I’ll watch more of it later for a more accurate impression.

SPOILER ALERT!
I liked the dress better than Meghan Markle’s; regal and understated (which I guess is the “look” for royal brides right now) but without a veil the overall impression was pretty underwhelming.

We are hearing that she went with a low cut back and no veil on purpose, to show her scar from 8 hour scoliosis surgery at 12. The gentleman who performed the surgery was in attendance at the wedding. :)

I just caught them exiting the church. But I saw footage of everyone going in. That wind was crazy. Princess Beatrice has an immodest moment helping George and Charlotte up the stairs!

We are hearing that she went with a low cut back and no veil on purpose, to show her scar from 8 hour scoliosis surgery at 12. The gentleman who performed the surgery was in attendance at the wedding. :)
Her choice, of course :confused3 but she would have looked far more princess-bride’y with a veil. :bride: I think the style sort of called for it too, not like some very sleek, dramatic couture that stands alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter