• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Sea World Itinerary

Runey

Mouseketeer
This will be my first trip to SeaWorld, at least in the USA... I'm travelling with my wife and no kids :thumbsup2 I'm trying to figure out if this itinerary is feasible... We're traveling in the last week of August and I've used the previous years show schedule as a guide... Subsituted the old Shamu Shows for Believe... Have also decided to skip Fusion and will only do one of the two Sea Lion shows, most likely the day time one...

I've tried to schedule the shows that are closest to each to reduce walking time...

At this point I have no idea how much time is needed for various animal attractions and would appreciate some input... We are doing Discovery Cove the day before, so that might lessen the time we would normally spend gawking at the animals :)

We'll be having a BIG breakfast before we reach the park and hope to get there 30 minutes before the gates open...

9:00 to 10:45 See as many of these animal attractions as possible (Manatee, Penguin, Dolphin, Stingray and Turtle)
10:45 to 11:45 Get to Blue Horizons about 30 minutes before show
11:45 to 12:40 Run over to Pets Ahoy! and see that
12:40 to 14:15 Get something to eat and see these animal attractions (Pacific Point, Shark and Clydesdale)
14:15 to 15:15 See Clyde & Seamore Take Pirate Island
15:15 to 16:15 Run over and catch Odyssea
16:15 to 17:15 Go and see Wild Artic the ride and animals
17:15 to 18:15 See Believe
18:15 to 20:00 Catch our breathes, get something to eat and go back and see anything we missed
20:00 to 20:45 Mystify

Hows that sound? We may have the opportunity to go back for a half day later on, but that depends on how we go with other parks... Also we are doing Discovery Cove the day before and will most likely head over to Sea World after that...

That brings me to another question... Assuming we walk out of Discovery Cove at 5:30PM, how long does it take to get over to Sea World? We will probably do the rides that night and maybe Mysitify...

Which brings me to another question :) What are the wait times like for Kracken, Atlantis, Wild Artic and the kids coaster like this time of year?

Thanks in advance for all your help :love:

We just got back from a full 2 days at Sea World. The ride lines wont be that long at night. We rode over and over again after 8:45 pm. during the day forget trying to get on Atlantis. Although, since you will not be going until the end of August most schools will be back in session, so the crowds should be really low. I wrote a post above and you should not miss the late sea lion show, especially if you have seen all the other shows, quite a good time. Enjoy your trip! :wave:

I figured the ride lines would be pretty nuts during the day... Good to hear that they drop off near closing time... I guess everyone is trying to fit n those last couple of shows :) Low crowds is good... I get grumpy otherwise :D

I was going to skip the night time show, but maybe I'll have to re-think that....

Thaks for your input... I'm off to read your post now...

Agree with the above poster--dont miss the second clyde and seamore (esp. if you enjoy the first one). Also if 11:45 is start time for Pets Ahoy and finish time for Blue Horizons that wont work, cos Pets Ahoy often fills half an hour before it starts and they shut the theatre dead on starting time--no latecomers like you could get away with at the other shows.

Also your plan might be more efficient if you moved lunchtime a bit later (or earlier) so you arent eating during the main rush. We try to wait till about 2.30 and it makes a huge difference on how long we have to queue.

Those above times included getting to the show 30 minutes before it started... Lunch just happened to fall where it did because of the show schedules... Sea World have just released the actual schedule for the day I will be there... The plan is still similar, but lunch would end up being around 2:30...

Thanks for your input... I think I'll definately have to find time to do that second Clyde and Seamore show...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter