Another Sizzix question

dreams91

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=teal>Loves to veg o
What is the difference between the original one and the sidekick? :confused3

The original, from what I've gather, can take more die cuts - such as items and shapes (not letters) where the sidekick, from what I can tell, has it's own letters to use in it and can use the gold things (I want to call them embellishments but I don't think that's the exact name, it's just escaping me). I haven't seen a whole lot of regular die cuts (like circles, fences, etc) for the sidekick as are used in the larger Sizzic machine.

The original is big & heavy. (really heavy!) You can use the dies made for it and the dies made for the Sidekick, called Sizzlets, if you get the converter for $15. The things Cruise04 meant are the embossing folders that you can use to create raised images (pix & letters) on paper. The Sidekick was made to be portable, so it's lightweight. However it only uses the thin dies made for it, Sizzlets, and the embossing things Cruise04 mentioned.

The original one is one sale for halfprice (or close to it) often enough, which brings it pretty close to the sale price for the Sidekick.

The Sidekick uses a crank to cut your die and the original uses a lever that you press down.

Til it was all said & done, I went for the original - I felt it was more cost effective & I don't plan on taking it out of the house with me. DDIL brought hers here 2ce and was thrilled when I bought my own so she wouldn't have to lug hers along anymore! ;) We do share the dies, though.

Does that help?

It does help. How large of die cuts can you make with each one?

Cherie,

The dies are different sizes. You can go to the Sizzix.com website and you will see all the dies they have for sale. When you click on the pictures of each die it will tell you the dimensions of each one. Some are as large as 4" or even a bit larger, and some are just about an inch. When looking on the website, click on the lefthand side of the screen where you see the word "Originals"--those are for the Sizzix machine. You will also see "Sizzlets", and as Piratesmate told you, they can be used with the larger Sizzix machine with a converter. Hobby Lobby has the Sizzix brand products on sale this week for 50% off, so if there's a store near you it might be a good time to go over and have a look so you can decide if this would be what you need.

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter