Another Thanksgiving Food thread...Dessert

Disneyncscmom

Mouseketeer
What does everyone have for dessert on Thanksgiving?

We will have Pumpkin Pie and an Apple Pie so I was thinking of doing a cake but not sure what kind.

Any suggestions welcome!

Pecan and pumpkin pies, and coconut cake are all part of the menu plus lots more. I live in the south, there's far too much food.

apple, dixie, pecan,cherry, pumpkin pie
several different cheesecakes
banana bread, lemon bread,
jello salad orange salad, cookies. fruit tray
brownies.

I am making peanut butter pie and then my friend is bringing something but I don't know what.

We're having our standard pumpkin, apple and pecan pies, and new for this year my husband is making chocolate bread pudding.

Usually sweet potato pie and apple pie, sometimes we throw in a chocolate pie. This year my family is visiting the week after Thanksgiving, so I am just going to make a mixed berry pie for Thanksgiving for DH and myself, and we will hold off on the traditional stuff until my family comes.

Every year we have Pumpkin pie, apple crumb pie and chocolate cream pie. then we add other desserts. This year it's just our immediate family so all I'm adding are brownies, because one of my daughters hates all pies :rolleyes:

Sweet potato pie
Apple pie
Peach cobbler
Banana pudding
Pound cake
Chocolate cake
Coconut cake
Vanilla vodka infused cupcakes

I wish I had paid more attention to my Nana or Grandmother when they was making pies. Their pastry was flaky and nicely browned unlike the cardboard stuff often seen nowadays. I know that I've never put enough study/effort into the how-tos and refuse to serve anyone I love a frozen pie shell and just ignore making traditional pies. Instead I make kuchens, or flans, sponge rolls or fruit galettes with cookie or puff pastry crusts. And I do not use Pepperidge Farms puff pastry which hasn't an ounce of butter in it. Gimme Dufours puff pastry or let me make something else for dessert.

Every year we have Pumpkin pie, apple crumb pie and chocolate cream pie. then we add other desserts. This year it's just our immediate family so all I'm adding are brownies, because one of my daughters hates all pies :rolleyes:
“Hates pie” does not compute. I’d take pie over just about anything except maybe cheesecake or carrot cake but it would be a hard decision.

One pumpkin and one apple pie. My kids birthday is exactly one week later, they chose to share a cake this year (usually they get their own), chocolate w/cookies and cream filling. Hopefully the pies will be finished off by then.

Pumpkin pie is the only constant since I've been hosting Thanksgiving. Pecan frequently makes an appearance, and once an elaborate cheesecake. Like @msjprincess, my 14 year old DS doesn't like pie, so at his request I'm making this brownie/oreo/chocolate chip cookie dough thing I found on Pinterest a few years ago that everyone loves but is too much for any ordinary day, LOL.

My ex-inlaws come to Thanksgiving with us, and exMIL usually brings a French silk pie that DH and I are in love with. My actual in-laws and other family do their own thing and it's just the six of us, but I still make way too much. And love all of it!

I'm going to try to make pecan pie cheesecake. My dad's favorite is pecan pie and everyone loves cheesecake.

Pecan and pumpkin pies, and coconut cake are all part of the menu plus lots more. I live in the south, there's far too much food.

Is coconut cake a Southern thing? I have seen a few people mention it in this thread, but the only time I have ever had coconut cake is in the summer, but even those have been more along the lines of pina colada cakes.

Is coconut cake a Southern thing? I have seen a few people mention it in this thread, but the only time I have ever had coconut cake is in the summer, but even those have been more along the lines of pina colada cakes.

Maybe it's southern? It's pretty prevalent, and I love it! There's 2 common versions around me, the layered kind and the "gooey" kind which includes sweetened condensed milk. I'm not a huge sweets person and coconut cake isn't too rich for me, so I'm a big fan:)

Is there ANYONE on the disboards who serves mincemeat pie? We have a couple guys who love it so we serve it along with pumpkin and pecan.

Maybe it's southern? It's pretty prevalent, and I love it! There's 2 common versions around me, the layered kind and the "gooey" kind which includes sweetened condensed milk. I'm not a huge sweets person and coconut cake isn't too rich for me, so I'm a big fan:)

Hmmm before this thread I really didn't know coconut cake was a thing, so I was curious. The only variation of coconut cake that I have ever had is the much closer to the gooey sweetened condensed milk kind, but likely wetter, which I cannot tolerate (tres leches cake for instance revolts me due to the sogginess). Now I want to try a real coconut cake!!

Normally I make dessert but I’m recovering from knee surgery. Right now DS6 and my sister are making a yeasty pumpkin bread for pumpkin bread pudding. I love regular bread pudding and usually make it for Christmas dinner so I’m excited to try this.We also bought a berry pie from a local gourmet grocery store (Central Market). If by some miracle we run out of dessert we have a Kentucky bourbon cake from Trader Joe’s in the fridge. I plan to freeze it for Christmas dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter