Another type of abuse

I don't consider it abuse, but I know that what my 3rd grade teacher did would definitely not fly today! It was her pet peeve to have kids rest their heads on their desks while writing. If she caught you doing it, she would make you rest your chin on a bamboo skewer for a period of time. I recognize how awful it sounds, and she was definitely a scary teacher. I wonder if there was ever a kid unfortunate enough to poke a hole in his/her skin...

In high school, my younger brother's teacher made a very disparaging comment to him while in class. I don't remember what the context was, but this teacher asked him in front of everyone if he had ever kissed a girl. When my brother told me this, I was furious. My dad didn't have any interest to do anything about it, but I did. I remember my rage tears when I made a complaint w/ the principal. The teacher had to apologize to my brother.

I remember in 5th grade a student had moved away and left her notebook and I just made a comment one day that it was cool. Then it disappeared. She accused me of taking it. I did not take it. But to this day I felt like she did not like me , even though I told the truth.
:confused3

I was in, maybe 5th grade? and a teacher threw a snow boot (moon boots if anyone remembers those) at my head. In his defense I'm pretty sure I was talking non stop through the movie we were supposed to be watching. He tended to throw things a lot - chalk and chalkboard erasers most commonly because that's what was close to hand I imagine. It seemed a little odd at the time but we all just went with the flow.

I don't consider it abuse, but I know that what my 3rd grade teacher did would definitely not fly today! It was her pet peeve to have kids rest their heads on their desks while writing. If she caught you doing it, she would make you rest your chin on a bamboo skewer for a period of time. I recognize how awful it sounds, and she was definitely a scary teacher. I wonder if there was ever a kid unfortunate enough to poke a hole in his/her skin...

In high school, my younger brother's teacher made a very disparaging comment to him while in class. I don't remember what the context was, but this teacher asked him in front of everyone if he had ever kissed a girl. When my brother told me this, I was furious. My dad didn't have any interest to do anything about it, but I did. I remember my rage tears when I made a complaint w/ the principal. The teacher had to apologize to my brother.

Wow, you are the best sister EVER.

Wow, you are the best sister EVER.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if I did the quote thing well, but we'll see if it works...

Thank you for that, but my relationship w/ my brother is not at all what it used to be. Frankly, the willingness to do what's right and stick up for family is pretty one-sided. Today, we are essentially estranged, so I highly doubt my brother would agree w/ your assessment :o But again, thank you.:daisy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter