Another welcome!

Misti

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone!

I'd like to take the time to welcome everyone to the newest DIS message board--Disney Weddings and Honeymoons!

If you don't know me already, I'd like to take the time to introduce myself to you. I have been a moderator on the Resorts Board since 1999. This new forum is very exciting to me for many reasons! First and foremost, I had my own Fairy Tale Wedding in WDW in 1997. After almost 30 visits to WDW over the years and an internship with Disney, I knew that WDW was the only place for my wedding. So, in 1996, I began the planning with my own Disney wedding cooridinator, Chandra. While many brides I know are nothing but stressed the entire time they plan their special day, I had fun the entire time. Disney takes care of everything for you. So, there is little in the way of headaches and more opportunities to sit back and enjoy the special time. And, I was surprised at how reasonable the cost of the wedding was in comparison to what I would have been paying in my hometown of Baltimore/DC.

To sum it up, my Disney wedding was nothing less than magical. To this day, guests tell me how much they enjoyed my wedding. Knowing that others have fond memories of my special day means so much to me. I planned a welcome dinner/barbecue the friday before my wedding for all the guests. Held on the beach at the Yacht and Beach Club resorts, the dinner featured a caribbean theme with tiki torches, reggae music and island cuisine. It was a blast! And, it was a great way to relax and enjoy ourselves before the "big" day. My wedding ceremony was held at Disney's Wedding Pavillion with a reception at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort. Everything was just as I imagined and more. From the white chocolate castle topped wedding cake to the wonderful GF Orchestra, I couldn't have pictured a more perfect day in my mind.

I hope this new forum will become a useful resource for new brides and grooms. I know I'm excited about it myself! And, I hope you will be, too. If I can answer any questions or help in any way, please let me know! Welcome!

:earsboy:

Chanda was the first person I talked to at FTW.. she was great.. but then she went on maternity leave.. and Korri became my sales manager.. she rocked.. but then I got Diane as my event manager and from there.. our wedding was perfect :)

isn't it amazing how much trust you put into your EM, and how well they handle it? Diane knew exactly what we wanted and we barely had to ask (a lot of times we didn't ask!)

Your event sounded wonderful!

:)
beth

Hi Beth!

It is amazing how much trust you have in your event planner/ sales manager. Kerri was my event planner and I can't tell you how many times we talked on the phone in the 7+ months of planning we had. Funny thing was--I never actually met her until the day of my rehearsal. But, I felt like I knew her so well! It was a great experience overall. I wish I could go back and re-live it all!

:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter