Another "Where to stay" question

babysaysKickey

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! We will be staying at POR May 25-30. We are planning to spend a couple of days at Universal so we need 2 nights at a hotel by Universal. I have a voucher for a free 2 night stay in Orlando but I have to wait until 90 days prior to call and book but if for some reason we can't get a hotel through them then what do you all suggest that is safe, decent and affordable?
I don't know what kind of hotel I can get with this voucher so any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! We don't want to stay at POR for those 2 days due to the Gay/Lesbian weekend so we are leaving Disney because of that.

If you stay onsite at Universal, you will get front of the line access at most rides in US/IOA (just something to consider, it makes a HUGE difference in enjoy of the parks, IMHO)

Universal Holiday Inn is another good choice and right there next to the parks. If you have young children, I believe they have kid suites there. Check out mousesavers.com for some great prices at resorts and hotels around Universal Studios. Since this stay is over a holiday, I would make reservations ASAP.

RobinLyn :)

The Wingate Inn has rooms for $38 a night (April 5,2002 to June 30,2002). It looks like a really nice hotel. It has a lot of amenities that you wouldn't expect for that price. It offers complimentary breakfast, newspaper, fitness center, whirlpool, shuttle to Universal, Wet N Wild and Seaworld. The $38 rate is available through PlacesToStay. Hotel Kingdom also has a $39.90 rate. There's a link to these sites on a post I made: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=164692

You do realize the Gay Day's activities also happen at the Universal parks, don't you?

5/31 Party at Hard Rock Live (CityWalk) 8pm - 3am

5/31 Party at The Groove (CityWalk) 5pm - 9pm

6/2 Party at The Groove (CityWalk) 4pm - 8pm

6/2 Party at Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Stage 54 8pm - 2:30am

I was at WDW during Gay Day's in 1999, even in the Magic Kingdom on their scheduled day and not once did it interfere with our family vacation. :)

For a list of the scheduled activities and updates, check http://www.gaydays.com/calendar/index.html . They have not finalized their park schedule yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter