Another Wonder WBPC, February 24th – March 10th 2019

So excited to be past PIF. I also have nearly all the clothes I want for Disneybounding. Can't wait for two weeks of bliss and relaxation!

How did Gold booking go for any golds? We're gold and were ready once the window opened. Excursions went fine. Got everything we wanted. However, all the tasting events we were interested in were gone. As expected, all the cabanas are gone from Castaway Cay. Palo was seriously sold out but we did find some holes. From past experience though, I would not worry about Palo bookings. There should be lots of availability on the ship - ymmv.

I'm believing that we can try to sign up for more tastings on the ship but I don't recall that I ever tried.

Check in went good for me, but I was only going for the PAT and character breakfast. We knew there was no chance for a cabana and Palo hasn't interested us yet - maybe it will when we hit Platinum next year?
Now, having said that, I am so glad I have a cabana on the Wonder cruise we leave on next Friday. I really like the cabanas. I will look at what tastings you can sign up for onboard and post if they offered them on a 7 night cruise.

We knew there was no chance for a cabana and Palo hasn't interested us yet - maybe it will when we hit Platinum next year?

Don't let me twist your arm, but we love Palo. I think it's a pretty reasonable surcharge for the meal. Excellent service, great food, etc. We've overdone it some cruises - probably around 5 times but we're going to try to restrain ourselves to the one dinner and one brunch this time.

Hopefully everyone who is/was GTY gets their room assignments and are happy. I've already seen one report of not being thrilled with their room but that is a chance you take I guess.

Hopefully everyone who is/was GTY gets their room assignments and are happy. I've already seen one report of not being thrilled with their room but that is a chance you take I guess.

Absolutely. I think a lot of people do it assuming they will get an upgrade, but I would say that is rare. I'm just excited to be on the ship!

Hi again! Once again your a wealth of information! Thank you for all the useful and wonderful information and taking the time to help a "newbie" to Disboards and Facebook ! I do see what you mean, that Facebook looks more active! As soon as I'm accepted as part of the WBPC Facebook group, I'm going to check out all your wonderful ideas! It's fun to see adults getting into Disney and DCL I'll still check out this Disboards, but may concentrate more on FB, I'll probably only do FB for Disney Cruise planning, but who knows were it will lead? I really didn't ever want to get into social media but if it means I can meet fellow cruisers and have an even better time on DCL WBPC 2019, I'm all for it! Talk to you soon!

It is nice to see someone from home going to be on the same cruise. My husband and I are DVC members from Ball Ground GA. We are so excited to see the Panama Canal. We are definitely Disney Cruise snobs and met pleanty of other Disney people on other cruise lines. Funny how that happens when you make a comment on a Disney shirt or something you become fast Disney friends. I was actually asked to stop that by my sisters on the last non Disney cruise, but you can’t when most of your wardrobe is Disney. Apparently we are just down the hall from you 6635. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Under a month now! Time to start the packing! I've done this cruise twice before and only needed it for the west coast but it's 2 months earlier so I guess I'm gonna need warmer clothes for the beginning and end.

Under a month now! Time to start the packing! I've done this cruise twice before and only needed it for the west coast but it's 2 months earlier so I guess I'm gonna need warmer clothes for the beginning and end.

I was hoping to have just two suitcases and two carry ons but that is looking less likely every day.

If it works roughly the same as my previous two (which were later in the year), it warms up quickly and then cools down in the last 2 days. So I'm picturing maybe I'll need warmer clothes for the first and last 2 days. I don't mind doing laundry on board so I'll just bring 2-3 days worth of cool weather clothes.

My intention is also 2 suitcases and 2 carry ons for the two of us. Hoping for just 1 suitcase but I think that's dreaming. iirc, I think I've done this before. :)

I was wondering if you any of you were planning on doing a trip report for this trip... My family and I are booked on next years WBPC trip and excited to see and hear what happens this year. I hope you all have a fantastic trip.

Justin

I was wondering if you any of you were planning on doing a trip report for this trip... My family and I are booked on next years WBPC trip and excited to see and hear what happens this year. I hope you all have a fantastic trip.

Justin

I plan to. :-) I'm sailing with my two daughters aged 17 and 13.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!