Another year, another lady surgery Update pg3

:hug::hug: Tina - so sorry you are going through this again. Prayers for you.

Sending you a little early birthday love too:bday:

Yall are so sweet. I'm just really heartbroken and haven't really even wanted to post. My birthday was early October. My poor Matt had a car accident that day and totaled out his car but not hurt and all that matters. It's just been "one more thing" lately. Surgery is tomorrow. The cysts, tumors and little remaining ovary I had will be taken out and any further development of endometriosis and anything else I suppose.
I don't have any rally words of encouragement or any rah rah go team Tina. I just telling myself has to be done and whatever comes next comes.

Thank ya'll again for being my sounding board and letting me cry it out and the support you all have shared is amazing.

Oh Tina---it really has been one thing after another after another for you and Matt. Thank goodness you have one another to lean on. I will be thinking of you all day tomorrow and I hope so very much that this is the LAST thing for a very, very, very long time

She may have been mad if they had taken it and she was miserable in surgical menopause. Nobody has a crystal ball when making these decisions. They leave one ovary in so the woman can benefit from the natural estrogen that that one ovary continues to secrete. It has so many protective health benefits for women, that's why they do it. It's unfortunate when problems surface with the ovary left in. But there's no way of knowing for sure what will happen. Both ovaries out = complete and sudden surgical menopause. (Most women enter menopause gradually so the effects aren't as dramatic.)

From the American Heart Association:

Estrogen Levels May Play a Role
A decline in the natural hormone estrogen may be a factor in heart disease increase among post-menopausal women. Estrogen is believed to have a positive effect on the inner layer of artery wall, helping to keep blood vessels flexible. That means they can relax and expand to accommodate blood flow.

Despite the benefits of estrogen, the American Heart Association recommends against using postmenopausal hormone therapy to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease or stroke because some studies have shown it appears to not reduce the risk.

Estrogen decline isn’t the only reason women face a higher cardiovascular disease risk after reaching menopause, Dr. Goldberg said.

“We’re trying to figure the rest of it out,” she said.

Assorted changes in the body occur with menopause. Blood pressure starts to go up. LDL cholesterol, or “bad” cholesterol, tends to increase while HDL, or “good” cholesterol declines or remains the same. Triglycerides, certain types of fats in the blood, also increase.

Well that sucks since I am on an estrogen blocker!

JUst saw this Tina - hope everything went well today. I agree that you are due for a break. May this be the last rotten thing you deal with for a good many years
(Glad Matt wasn’t hurt in his car accident.)
Sending out good thoughts for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter