Another's Michael Story

JulianneP

DIS Veteran
I just had to share becasue everyone knows i have had it with my Michael's store.

Well my sister who is a great teacher but a little spacey at times, even more so in a craft store becasue she is just not into crafts was shopping with my neice and a very active three year old for teaching supplies. She got up to the front counter and paid for her stuff with credit card. While she was there she noticed a foot stool that was on Manger special for 39.99. She was looking it over and trying to control the 3 year old when the clerk said would you like that stool too. My sister said no becasue she already finished her credit card print out. But then the cleark said I can give you a better discount if you would like. Meanwhile the 3 year old was pulling all the candy out by the counter.(why do they sell candy at a craft store) My sister could not resist thought it over and said sure I would like the foot stool can I just give you a check. The cashier said no i can only give you the discount if you pay cash. It will cost $15.00. Not thinking and trying to get out of the store with 2 kids she handed the girl the cash. The girl quickly handed her the bag with the foot stool.

When my sister pulled away form the parking lot she reliezed what had had happened. She looked in the bag and there was no receipt. The clerk pocketed the money and just gave my sister the foot stool. Of course my sister was a nervous wreck by the time she got home and told her DH. The clerk knew her name and credit info etc... So my sister was so scared to call a manger. so they waited a day to call a manger.

I'm still waiting to hear what is happening. but I just wanted to share with you all.

OMGosh, that is awful.... I can't believe a store clerk would do that... Let us know what the manager does? I bet they don't call her back..

Holy smokes! I'm anxious to hear how this turns out! :eek:

cAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! I want to hear the ending too!:eek:

Some people are so bad.pirate:

Oh my goodness! I can't believe that happened. I've never met anyone who did something like that, but my father worked in retail until he retired and has had to deal with thieves like that.

When I was in retail mgmt, before my SAHM days, we actually had to install computers attached to the registers so that the security dept could see what each clerk was ringing up. It would be too easy to ring up a pack of gum and walk out with a TV. Sure, from a distance it would all look legitimate..... can't imagine how many times cashiers would get in ka-hoots with friends and try things like this. Sad but true......................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter