Ant-Man and The Wasp Nano Battle! opens in Hong Kong Disneyland

indoshakespeare

Reach out and find your Happily Ever After

This is just a reskinned Buzz but it's good that the Asian parks have different blaster rides for variety.

I'm rope dropping it tomorrow and Tuesday and will report back how it goes. May or may not rope drop it on Monday depending on what else I have going on. As far as I can tell, the ride has priority admission but no fastpass. I only rode it once so far during the previews and it wins the award of the only Marvel ride so far that I like.

The game feels more like Planet Rescue in Shanghai with a bit of Astro Blasters. The laser is easy to find and targets are larger like Planet Rescue but its scoring system is more like Astro Blasters which I like. I think Planet Rescue would still be the most fun for a casual rider but Ant-Man is more casual friendly than Astro Blasters. Ant-Man's targets are pretty much all stationary so the dark ride aspect of the ride is worse than the Toy Story variants and the ride is less engaging for hardcores. The screens on the Ant-Man vehicle are the nicest in my opinion but it's a shame we don't have control over the rotation of the vehicle.

I like the queue immersion but the ride part of the attraction doesn't offer the same level of immersion that the Toy Story variants offer. Despite what the celebrities say, I think they could have executed the "shrinking" part better. It's nice that they they now have signs in the queue with wording to show which targets are worth the most points but I wish they showed exact values like Tokyo's version of Astro Blasters.

I think Ant-Man is my favorite laser shooter ride by tiny margin because it's storytelling through the queue is on point. If Astro Blasters made their lasers easier to find, I would like them more than Ant-Man.

I'm rope dropping it tomorrow and Tuesday and will report back how it goes. May or may not rope drop it on Monday depending on what else I have going on. As far as I can tell, the ride has priority admission but no fastpass. I only rode it once so far during the previews and it wins the award of the only Marvel ride so far that I like.

The game feels more like Planet Rescue in Shanghai with a bit of Astro Blasters. The laser is easy to find and targets are larger like Planet Rescue but its scoring system is more like Astro Blasters which I like. I think Planet Rescue would still be the most fun for a casual rider but Ant-Man is more casual friendly than Astro Blasters. Ant-Man's targets are pretty much all stationary so the dark ride aspect of the ride is worse than the Toy Story variants and the ride is less engaging for hardcores. The screens on the Ant-Man vehicle are the nicest in my opinion but it's a shame we don't have control over the rotation of the vehicle.

I like the queue immersion but the ride part of the attraction doesn't offer the same level of immersion that the Toy Story variants offer. Despite what the celebrities say, I think they could have executed the "shrinking" part better. It's nice that they they now have signs in the queue with wording to show which targets are worth the most points but I wish they showed exact values like Tokyo's version of Astro Blasters.

I think Ant-Man is my favorite laser shooter ride by tiny margin because it's storytelling through the queue is on point. If Astro Blasters made their lasers easier to find, I would like them more than Ant-Man.

Thanks for the review! I don't really like Buzz / Midway Mania because I have terrible hand eye coordination but the theming of this sounds fun and like it might be a bit easier for rubbish people like me

I will monitor wait times throughout the day for the next couple of weeks to see how crowded it is
Awesome! Because of the time difference it's impossible for me to see morning wait times but I'm gonna be keeping an eye on the evening wait times to see if it says consistently high.

Official opening day (31-03-2019)
Park opens 10:3000, closes 20:30

40 mins wait at 10:20
40 mins wait at 11:10
40 mins wait at 12:15
45 mins wait at 14:00
45 mins wait at 16:00
60 mins wait at 18:00
60 mins wait at 19:15
60 mins wait at 20:15

Last edited:

The wait times in the app were not accurate at all today. Park hours were 10AM to 8:30PM. I arrived at 8:30ish AM and left at about 8:45 PM, riding it 12 times. Other than lunch, a bit of shopping and one ride on Hyperspace Mountain, this was basically all I did today.

The posted wait time hit 60 minutes within 10 minutes of park opening and rose to 70 mid morning. It dropped to 45 around noon before rising back up to 70. Late afternoon, it fell to 45 and at night, it dropped to 30. These wait times were a bit overstated though since I was waiting closer to 45 minutes when the posted time was 60 and about 10 minutes less for the other posted times. My last ride of the night was about a 10 minute wait.

Assuming the ride continues to have this M-pattern, it would be a good option for rope drop since it does not have Fastpass. The rides to the left side of the park typically don't open at rope drop so there aren't any other good non-Fastpass rides to rope drop. If you have energy, you could get in a couple rides between We Love Mickey and Paint the Night. However, at night, a lot of the ride vehicles were getting out of sync so that the last room was basically unplayable and many other parts had you staring at a blank wall. Hopefully, this will be ironed out in the future.

From now through June, Magic Access Members can receive one Priority Admission pass per day for this ride at the right side before entering the park. They ran out at about 1PM today. I predict that waits will be better on weekdays but once summer hits, the ride may have even worse waits than today.

Today is Monday. It was 40 mins at around 10.30, went down to 30 around 11.30 and now it's 20 at 13.30

10 mins wait at 14:40

Last edited:
Rode it 10 times in the afternoon yesterday. It was to 15 rather than 10 most of the time even though the posted time was bouncing around those two times. I did have a 7 minute wait during the parade but other than that, it was consistently above 10 before sunset. I didn't arrive till about 2PM but the app and posted times seemed as accurate as Hong Kong usually is.

We were there three days after it opened (the Wednesday) and the wait was only 10 minutes when we went on mid-day. I was sadly disappointed by it and would say it was probably my least favorite ride there. I've been on Buzz Lightyear elsewhere and feel like that is more engaging. This just felt like a rushed project.

Last edited:
I don't think it's rushed. I think Hong Kong Disneyland just isn't willing to put in effort and money.

My best example: Watch "We Love Mickey" from Hong Kong and then "Mickey's 90th Illuminations Pre-Show" from Paris. It's hard to find the full version of Mickey's 90th Birthday Fireworks in Shanghai but if you do, watch that also. Hong Kong's is supposed to be the equivalent of the nighttime spectacular. Paris was a pre-show and Shanghai's was a one day special show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!