Antarctica Question

twentyco

Mouseketeer
I am going to Sea World in a couple of weeks, but am recovering from neck surgery and cannot do any rides of any kind. Does anyone know if there is any way to see the penguins without riding the ride (even the mild version)?

I am going to Sea World in a couple of weeks, but am recovering from neck surgery and cannot do any rides of any kind. Does anyone know if there is any way to see the penguins without riding the ride (even the mild version)?

Yes. there is an area (where the ride exits) where you can go in and view the penguins.

Just know that this is not an official way back in. I got caught trying to go in this way by an employee.

I am not sure we are talking about the same place. We have been encouraged to use that entrance on more than one occasion. It is also the entrance used for those in wheelchairs as the ride is not accessible to them.

Yes. there is an area (where the ride exits) where you can go in and view the penguins.

I was there last week and was told that you must now go through the ride area to get to the penguins, you can't go in through the back anymore. Sad because I think that would really help with the crazy wait times it can get.

EDIT: though I had no visible injuries/was not in a wheelchair at the time, so perhaps it would be different if you asked the employee and explained the medical reasons. There has to be some way they get the wheelchair guests in that avoids the ride part. I was just told no you can't just see the penguins without going on the ride.

I think there was some confusion in the post, you can not go through the exit to see the penguin exhibit. I think a previous poster was mentioning that the penguins are located at the exit of the ride and not necessarily using the exit to see the penguins.

There is a way to view the Penguins without riding the ride, however, you still have to wait in the ride line. When you get to the front of the line, tell the employee about your situation. You should be directed to a separate room where you are loaded in and wait for a minute or two before seeing the penguins. You could even tell the employee standing at the entrance to the ride line and he or she might allow you to skip the line and take you right to where the room is to wait to see the penguins. But make sure you're asking each employee you see so you don't end up accidentally getting loaded onto the ride or put in the wrong waiting room.

I think there was some confusion in the post, you can not go through the exit to see the penguin exhibit. I think a previous poster was mentioning that the penguins are located at the exit of the ride and not necessarily using the exit to see the penguins.

There is a way to view the Penguins without riding the ride, however, you still have to wait in the ride line. When you get to the front of the line, tell the employee about your situation. You should be directed to a separate room where you are loaded in and wait for a minute or two before seeing the penguins. You could even tell the employee standing at the entrance to the ride line and he or she might allow you to skip the line and take you right to where the room is to wait to see the penguins. But make sure you're asking each employee you see so you don't end up accidentally getting loaded onto the ride or put in the wrong waiting room.

Thank you for letting me know. We are staying in a Sea World partner hotel, so we should have Quick Queue for this, which will help if we need it. We are in Orlando now, and will probably be doing this on Wednesday or Thursday. I certainly hope I can see the penguins -- do not want to miss them. :-) We already had to cancel going to Universal, which was part of the original plan, because I can't do any rides!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter