Anthem to Bermuda or Adventure to Canada?

DizneyLizzy

DIS Veteran
I know, I know - Bermuda and Canada are two vastly different destinations. I haven't cruised since 2005 (and back then it was RC through the Mediterranean) My husband and I are looking for a quick getaway without the kids for our anniversary next summer, and he really wants to cruise bc he never has. My parents live 45 minutes from Cape Liberty, so we'd drop the kids off with them, have my dad drive us to the port, and be on our way without having to deal with airports, etc.

We're looking to go early August 2019, and the two cruises that fit our dates are a 6 night cruise on the Adventure through New England/Canada or a 5 night cruise to Bermuda on the Anthem. We have never been to Bermuda or the Canadian ports. We love to spend time on the beach, but we also love to spend time hiking/exploring. My husband is a science teacher and the Bay of Fundy has been on his bucket list for decades. Both cruises seem to be similarly priced, and seem very reasonable.

Anyone been on either ship recently or sailed either itinerary and have any thoughts?

We went to Bermuda on the Anthem in August. Great cruise, ship is awesome and leaving out of Bayonne was a plus for us. Bermuda makes the Bahamas look like it should be on the President's list of s***hole countries. Just our opinion. We are also looking at doing the New England/Canada cruise on the Adventure on August 3, 2019. I'll look for you then if you take that option.!

We went to Bermuda on the Anthem in August. Great cruise, ship is awesome and leaving out of Bayonne was a plus for us. Bermuda makes the Bahamas look like it should be on the President's list of s***hole countries. Just our opinion. We are also looking at doing the New England/Canada cruise on the Adventure on August 3, 2019. I'll look for you then if you take that option.!

Thanks!! What kind of stateroom did you have on anthem? If we do adventure I’ll just do an ocean view because I don’t know if it would be warm enough to use a balcony. But Bermuda...what did you get?

I've also never cruised on the open ocean (I've done Mediterranean & Caribbean) so that is a major concern in going to Bermuda. Is it rougher than on the seas?

We had a balcony/veranda but that's just what we always get, we did it our first cruise and have made it the status quo since. The ride was calm and so were the seas. But they can't control the weather. It was much like cruising the Caribbean except you leave from NJ and not Fla. We plan to do it again in 2020.

We had a balcony/veranda but that's just what we always get, we did it our first cruise and have made it the status quo since. The ride was calm and so were the seas. But they can't control the weather. It was much like cruising the Caribbean except you leave from NJ and not Fla. We plan to do it again in 2020.

Thanks! We ended up booking the Bermuda cruise. Dates were a tad more convenient and there were a lot more nice staterooms still available on the Anthem. Have fun in Canada! If we like our trip we might book that for 2020. So I guess we’ll miss each other. Ha.

Yep, we are booked for the August 3, 2019 New England/Canada sailing on the Adventure. But looks like for 2020 the Oasis is moving to Bayonne in place of the Anthem so some new offerings may be in place. You will enjoy Bermuda. Sorry, but nobody is going to want to braid your hair as soon as you get off the ship. Or any other time.

I've also never cruised on the open ocean (I've done Mediterranean & Caribbean) so that is a major concern in going to Bermuda. Is it rougher than on the seas?

Anytime you leave from NY/NJ you will have some rougher waters than when you leave out of Florida. That being said the Anthem is a much larger ship than the Adventure...which means you are less likely to feel the motion of the ship. Plus the Anthem was built with new technology IE) Stabilizers to help reduce Sea Sickness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!