Anthony Bordain: Parts Unknown

Pacolovestacos

DIS Veteran
Anyone watch this? I saw one episode at my hotel last night and I'm intrigued. Seems like this might be the Asian version of Rick Steves.

I think he's better than rick steves honestly. He's more honest and he knows his food. I haven't seen much of parts unknown but I really enjoyed his previous series.

But rick steves' strong point is his patience (and catering to) rookie or fearful American travelers. Bourdain assumes people are capable of thinking for themselves (he's a New Yorker and has that attitude).

Anyway...if you want practical information on how to use metro and how to pack and how to avoid pickpockets, steves is your guy. If you want an insight into the place's food and people, Bourdain.

Bourdain seems to have an interesting history. I used to watch No Reservations on Travel Channel. Back then he used to joke about removing his alleged Food Network tattoo. Is he joking now about his time on Travel Channel?

Bourdain can be a real jerk, but he knows his stuff. I have been watching him for years and feel like I have learned things from him I never would have learned any other place.

#swoon

Love him. Love his cookbook. Love his shows.

Agree! Love everything he does. We share very similar world views. His recent special in Texas was really eye-opening. So much more than just food. I've been watching religiously since the first episode of No Reservations!

I have been a fan of his for years. I like that he visits places that other travel shows don't commonly visit. And if he does visit a popular destination, he will look for unique places to eat. He is also an amazing writer. He writes the show commentary himself and some of it is, like someone posted above, swoon-worthy. For example, his episode on Atlantic City. It's a place that's near and dear to my heart, and I was in tears for most of it because what he was saying was just so beautiful.

I read that his time away has put a crimp on his marriage. They apparently don't live together, but he hasn't really said if they're getting a divorce or simply made their separation public.. I thought she was always cute in a tomboyish way. She apparently hates to be on TV, but I remember the one episode of No Reservations where she and her husband recreated a scene from a Fellini movie.

UPCLOSE-superJumbo.jpg

I read that his time away has put a crimp on his marriage. They apparently don't live together, but he hasn't really said if they're getting a divorce or simply made their separation public.. I thought she was always cute in a tomboyish way. She apparently hates to be on TV, but I remember the one episode of No Reservations where she and her husband recreated a scene from a Fellini movie.

UPCLOSE-superJumbo.jpg
He has a new girlfriend. He and his wife are divorcing. I've never understood why he appeals to anyone. He's an arrogant ***.

My brother met him when he did Baltimore episode and says he is a huge arrogent jerk. And that is coming from a huge arrogent jerk. I also call BS on his Cuba show, his viewpoint.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!