Anti-Catholic Slur on February Dis-Unplugged

I don't usually wade into threads that are this contentious, but feel I must speak my 2 cents. I have been listening to the Team almost since the beginning.

First - I live in Oklahoma. I am blonde. Do you know how many "zings" have been made about both? I laugh; they tease because they love. :rolleyes:

And lastly - Just don't listen if you don't like their comments. There are plenty of other podcasts out there.

I don't think they are perfect. I have not drank the kool-aid. They are not family members. And I still love the podcast.

Can't we all just get along. :flower3:

Let me get this straight, you think the Pope should sue the podcast for libel over this comment?

:happytv:

I guess he would be the one who has standing.

...in other news:

Anyone seen Book of Mormon? :rotfl2:

I subscribe to the Mel Brooks School of Satire. Go overboard in offensiveness to the point that it becomes hilarious. He's brilliant at that.

I subscribe to the Mel Brooks School of Satire. Go overboard in offensiveness to the point that it becomes hilarious. He's brilliant at that.

A master of comedy. who else could write Spring time for Hitler and have someone sing "don't be stupid, be a smarty com on and join the Nazi party"

I guess he would be the one who has standing.

...in other news:

Anyone seen Book of Mormon? :rotfl2:

I had a dream. There was a frog and some Ewoks. Trés bizzare. When I woke up, I had a donut with maple glaze and an ill placed infestation of maggots.

I had a dream. There was a frog and some Ewoks. Trés bizzare. When I woke up, I had a donut with maple glaze and an ill placed infestation of maggots.

...and you know, my favorite place is Or-lan-do...Home of Sea-World and Disney and Putt--putt Golfing...

Since I haven't heard the podcast comment in discussion here, I won't add my two cents (even though I'm a Catholic, firm in my belief).

But, I wanted to address the comment in bold above. The rules are according the the guidelines on the DISboards, not the guidelines on the podcast. Pete pretty much keeps these separate.

The disboards are family oriented, more family oriented than this particular board. The podcast is not so much.

I type this often enough know it by heart ;)

www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

Since when has the podcast not been geared to families? The crew knows that kids listen. They've even suggested fast forwarding through a certain part to not "spoil the magic" or if a sensitive news topic comes up.

Since when has the podcast not been geared to families?

I love the podcast - listen to every episode - but I have to agree that it is not particularly family friendly. There is far too much adult humor, sexual innuendo, and other comments that while I personally find extremely funny and entertaining, is not something that many parents would want their children to be hearing. I'd say it is PG-13 at best and sometimes bordering on R. In no way am I complaining. Again, I love it and wouldn't want them to change a thing, but if my daughter was younger, I don't think I'd have her listening to it.

I'm gracefully tiptoeing out of this thread, with all the goose-stepping, lily-livered grace that I can summon. What, with Franco's wooden as Pinocchio performance in Oz combined with the "been there, done that" of all the yawn-inducing CGI, which only goes to reveal the somewhat surprising revelation the Wicked Witch of the West has an eating disorder, (perhaps if they had dropped a house on HER she could have just shimmed-ed up the drain pipe and worked her way through the hand-held Shower Massage cord back to freedom. :tilt:

But as always, I digress...

The happiest of Wednesdays, everyone ! :goodvibes

:tiptoe:

"I'll get you my pretty ! And your frozen, ready to heat sensible microwave entrees as well !!"

"Grilled chicken and poppies.... Yes, that's it....poppies...."

pixiedust:

i have GOT to get back on the boards.............i am missing all the fun.

The truth is that the offender has no control over whether or not you are offended. Only you can grant them permission to offend you by then being offended. I choose to not let others offend me, because ultimately all I can control is myself (not others). If I didn't like what I heard on a podcast, I would simply choose not to listen.

I just listened to the episode again and I have to say, I'm surprised this is the issue they are getting flack for. This episode is rich with controversial topics. This is to say, if you are a regular listener, you know what to expect. As a regular listener, I know that I may not always agree with what the team says. I also know these are some of the kindest, most welcoming, hardest working, and compassionate people I *know*. The team has worked hard to create a welcoming environment where everyone is safe.

I also know these are some of the kindest, most welcoming, hardest working, and compassionate people I *know*. The team has worked hard to create a welcoming environment where everyone is safe.

Well said!

I remember the comment about the Pope. Being Catholic, I was offended by it. Didn't like it one bit. Now, that being said, I have listened to the podcast since literally day one, have heard the round table change members, change formats for good and bad, but one thing that has always stayed the same...is the honest opinions and lack of political correctness and tactful or sensitive comments on the podcast. I have laughed my butt off to some of the comments they have made and have wanted to turn off the iPod at others...and I reckon I have turned it off once or twice.

I am not here to defend the podcast or the round table. As you can see, they have plenty of followers to do that for them. But don't sweat it. You know your Faith, you know your beliefs and you know what some others think of them. So don't hold on to it...there will be another victim tomorrow. Listen to the show for the info and entertainment. If you get hung up on those comments, this show probably isn't going to be your cup of tea. But, I hear what you're saying...

This is exactly how I feel!! Well said two-foxes. :thumbsup2

All the guys on the podcast are the salt of the earth and are probably the most christian people out there with there charity work and very giving attitude. I for one will be humbled if i ever meet them offended by any of them never :) thanks podcast guys and keep up the great work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!