Any 2013 Discounts for Discovery Cove yet??

There is still a SW Annual Passmember discount to DC, but the days are very limited. For example we are heading to Florida in October :furious:, but the discount is not valid then. I am seeing $99 Day Passes (no Dolphin) in November though. Remember you have to be a SeaWorld 1 or 2 year annual passholder to get it.

Copy & Paste of dates from the DC site:
Valid for reservations and visits Jan. 1-31, May 1-31 & Nov. 1 - Dec.31, 2013 only.

The code is: passmember13

Happy Savings to all who this blesses :goodvibes

Am I allowed to say that I find it bizarre that they would offer the discount during the super-busy Christmas week, but not during hurricane season?

I would totally book at the $99 rate if offered during the last week of August. Sadly, we will take a pass at regular rates and let our Aquatica annual pass expire.

Am I allowed to say that I find it bizarre that they would offer the discount during the super-busy Christmas week, but not during hurricane season?

I would totally book at the $99 rate if offered during the last week of August. Sadly, we will take a pass at regular rates and let our Aquatica annual pass expire.

I am so with you on that one :thumbsup2
Hoping they will modify the dates to include Oct.

It is bizarre. I got Christmas Day for $169 and $99. I was so happy. It was the discount rate with Super Grover too. Though I got my Super at the discount, I then saw a SW SD platinum pass that was a little cheaper, but had to be activated at that park. We could do that as we are planning to go there before Orlando. Oh we'll, I am so glad and may add a cabana with package soon. I think we would enjoy.

Oh, and for anyone interested, aquadica bought the old Knotts splash park in SD, CA, and it is now listed as included in my Super pass. We may have to visit that Aquadica too. :beach:

It is bizarre. I got Christmas Day for $169 and $99. I was so happy. It was the discount rate with Super Grover too. Though I got my Super at the discount,...
Oh, and for anyone interested, aquadica bought the old Knotts splash park in SD, CA, and it is now listed as included in my Super pass. We may have to visit that Aquadica too. :beach:

Please, what do "Super Grover", "Super at the discount..." and "Super pass" all mean? Thank you!

Please, what do "Super Grover", "Super at the discount..." and "Super pass" all mean? Thank you!

Lynne G purchased a Super Grover Pass:

http://commerce.4adventure.com/EStore/Scripts/Skins/SPL/TicketsPassports.aspx

With a 2013 Super Grover Season Pass, enjoy unlimited admission to Sesame Place (thru 10/27/13), SeaWorld (FL, TX, CA), Busch Gardens (FL, VA), Aquatica (FL, TX, CA), Water Country USA (VA) and Adventure Island (FL) parks during their regular 2013 operating seasons. Not valid for admission during A Very Furry Christmas at Sesame Place.

You will receive the following benefits at Sesame Place during the regular 2013 season:

• FREE Preferred parking
  • 30% discount on food and merchandise
  • 30% discount on character dining experiences
  • Preferred seating at select shows
  • Ride Again privilege at select attractions
  • Meet & Greet visits with Sesame Street Friends
  • Discounts on single-day admission for guests and more!
"Super Grover at the discount" means that she purchased her pass when it was on sale near the end of last year (20% off, released around Black Friday if I remember correctly). "Super pass" is just short for Super Grover Pass.

The Super Grover Pass also entitles you to the passmember discount at Discovery Cove.

My plan was to cancel mine when I got home for SW as well. We ended up buying through the Xmas special for March. The resort day was $149 including the other two parks. I just got home 2 weeks today and since we have decided to go back to Florida for Xmas, I have kept it strictly to book DC in December.

Gina, thanks for explaining my shorthand. :)

The Super Grover Pass can be bought at a discount from Black Friday until the beginning of March. You do not have to activate it at Sesame Place. If you are going to more than 2 Busch parks, the pass is a good price. You get free parking and entry at the other parks, and with our pass last year, got preferred seating at SW. Plus, since my kids have begged to go to Discovery Cove, the pass member discount saves money. However, if you only want to do DC and the other parks, the price of the DC ticket bundled with the other parks is a good deal too. Plus, if you book a DC package, call and add a 14 day parking pass at a reasonable 25 dollars or so, and that will get you free parking at the other Parks in Fla.

So I typed in the "passmember13" code and it worked, but I did not finish booking my day because it says that Pass Member card must be presented at time of arrival. My questions are: How closely is that followed? And if I were to show up having booked a Pass Member discount and did not produce the Pass Member card, would I be denied entrance? I won't lie about being cheap, and the discount would be huge. Any help would be appreciated.

So I typed in the "passmember13" code and it worked, but I did not finish booking my day because it says that Pass Member card must be presented at time of arrival. My questions are: How closely is that followed? And if I were to show up having booked a Pass Member discount and did not produce the Pass Member card, would I be denied entrance? I won't lie about being cheap, and the discount would be huge. Any help would be appreciated.

My guess is that you would be charged the difference between the passmember rate and the full admission rate before you are permitted to enter the park. And yes, I would be prepared to show your passmember entitlement at DC check in to verify that you qualify for that deeply discounted rate.

A good rule of thumb: only book the special rates for which you qualify. If you are using the AMEX discount, have an American Express card (even a pre-paid one) and be sure you take it with you. If you are using a passmember discount, be an annual passholder and have that pass with you on your DC day.

My guess is that you would be charged the difference between the passmember rate and the full admission rate before you are permitted to enter the park. And yes, I would be prepared to show your passmember entitlement at DC check in to verify that you qualify for that deeply discounted rate.

A good rule of thumb: only book the special rates for which you qualify. If you are using the AMEX discount, have an American Express card (even a pre-paid one) and be sure you take it with you. If you are using a passmember discount, be an annual passholder and have that pass with you on your DC day.

I agree with Gina. When we went to DC 3 years ago, our printed out tickets had bar codes on them. This year, we are doing DC with our annual passes, and there is no bar code. I assume they will scan our passes. I wouldn't take that chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!