Any advice for a last minute Christmas trip?

? Of the HP rides, only Hagrids doesn’t currently take Express Passes. They opened EPs up to the HP rides a few years ago.

Yes I know but during the week of xmas it gets so busy they put out a sign that says "sorry no Express passes at this time, please proceed to the standby line".. I know because I go at xmas and get Express passes and this has been the case now a few times during xmas. That's why I stated, this happens during xmas. I also stated it might not happen just all depends on universal but be prepared and know it could.

Last edited:
If you ever spend $450 for 3 Express passes and then head to the castle just to see a sign saying no Express pass and 180min wait, u will not forget it, I promise ya.

Thank you to everyone who shared their experiences in this thread. We've been on the fence for a few weeks now if we wanted to squeeze in a couple of days at Universal while we're in Florida. I've been lurking this thread and the information here has been so helpful!

We decided tonight to get a one night hotel room so we could have the Express Passes. Really want DD to see HP area. The 3 hotels were booked every time I checked except Hard Rock which had a room left at like $1,500. Tonight I saw they had cheaper inventory so grabbed a room for one night.

I was wondering, and think I have this right, but not 100%. With this one night, does this mean we have two days of EP? We can stop by in the morning and get the cards and head off to the parks?

We have a few days to decide before the cancel date arrives. If this all works out, we'll spend 1 day in MK, a few days with family and then 2.5 days in Universal, Very excited! Hopefully, they won't close out HP to EP, but if they do, we can use them for the other stuff I guess :).

Thank you to everyone who shared their experiences in this thread. We've been on the fence for a few weeks now if we wanted to squeeze in a couple of days at Universal while we're in Florida. I've been lurking this thread and the information here has been so helpful!

We decided tonight to get a one night hotel room so we could have the Express Passes. Really want DD to see HP area. The 3 hotels were booked every time I checked except Hard Rock which had a room left at like $1,500. Tonight I saw they had cheaper inventory so grabbed a room for one night.

I was wondering, and think I have this right, but not 100%. With this one night, does this mean we have two days of EP? We can stop by in the morning and get the cards and head off to the parks?

We have a few days to decide before the cancel date arrives. If this all works out, we'll spend 1 day in MK, a few days with family and then 2.5 days in Universal, Very excited! Hopefully, they won't close out HP to EP, but if they do, we can use them for the other stuff I guess :).

Yes, you are correct.

A one night stay in one of the hotels that offer EP will give you two full days of EP.

Check in as early as 6am and you’ll be given room keys for everyone registered in the room. If your room isn’t ready, leave any bags with bell services and head to the parks.

Your EP is valid till park close the following day.

Yes, you are correct.

A one night stay in one of the hotels that offer EP will give you two full days of EP.

Check in as early as 6am and you’ll be given room keys for everyone registered in the room. If your room isn’t ready, leave any bags with bell services and head to the parks.

Your EP is valid till park close the following day.
Thanks so much!
6 a.m., good to know :)

Is it worth it going tomorrow? Crazy crowds?

Well I went and everything was under 30 mins at universal except gringots. Considering I already rode it before, I single rode it and was on in 10 mins with a standby time of 90 mins

Park was semi crowded but the rides never were long and surprisingly the parade was really really nice. The YouTube videos made it look like cheesy but it was tasteful and festive. I was able to get a spot in the front while the parade was already ongoing.

I arrived at 1pm and was finished with everything by 6pm. Great day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!