Any advice on using a calling card?

disneymom3

<font color=green> I think I could adjust!! <br><f
Okay, I can start calling for ressies for CRT on Oct 3. We will be there for 10 or 11 days so hopefully one of these will work out. However, I don't have long distance on our phone. I just use an MCI card when I need it. If I get the "We are closed" message, I have to jump through a lot of hoops, dial MCI, enter my card # etc. Anyone done this?

I could call on my cell, but we're kind of remote and I don't always have the greatest reception. I really want to get through and get this one. Am considering finding a long distance carrier for the month of October!

Advice?

Do you have a phone with memory options?? You could enter the #'s into your Memorys and then only have to punch a few #'s. I plan on doing this for our CRT marathon, even though I am hoping to get it on my first try. :p ;) :p

If you start calling at 6:58am, weather channel time, you should have no problem getting in within 2-3 calls. That is not much money. I'm not sure what long distance company we have. Do you mean you are not allowed to call anywhere that is long distance? I've never heard of that. I just called this week twice. Once from my home and once from a cell phone. Well, actually I used two phones at home and then two cell phones while on vacation. I got CRT ressies for two different days with no problems. I even got to request the times I wanted! I would get a long distance carrier if necessary! Good luck!:D

Hi,
I don't know if this will be of any help to you, but I thought I would pass the information along.
We have chosen not to have a long distance carrier either.
When our daughter went to college, we started using "dimeline" for all our long distance calls. This was a service we learned about at her university.
All calls are only $.05/min in state and $.10/min out of state.
They require a 3 minute minumum. I have never had a problem with "fees" or any other hidden charges.
They are a company called Vartex Telecom. If you would like more detailed information,
their customer service number is 1-800-544-1510.
Otherwise,
1. Dial 1010-811
2. +1
3. +Area Code
4. +the number you wish to call.

Last month we made a little over two hours worth of long distance calls, a mixture of in and out - of state. Our bill was a total of $8.64 which included calls $7.10, universal service charge $.90, fed tax $.24, state tax $.40. This has proven to be a very reliable, cheap alternative for long distance calls for us.
Figment

Originally posted by skiwee1
. Do you mean you are not allowed to call anywhere that is long distance? I've never heard of that. D

I have chosen not to have a long distance carrier as it is much much chepaer to use the calling card (3 cents/minute and no monthly service charge) However, it does take quite awhile to dial in all the numbers.

I don't think the memory feature will work as you have to wait til you connect to mci and then enter your code and then enter the number. Maybe it will. I'll try calling my mom this weekend and then calling her back to see what happens. If it doesn't work, I'll get long distance and then cancel it.

skiwee1--I am not concerned about the cost of the calls, just the logistics. Great to hear that yougout your ressies with no problem. Maybe their credit card policy is working and they are a bit easier to obtain now!?

Originally posted by disneymom3

I don't think the memory feature will work as you have to wait til you connect to mci and then enter your code and then enter the number.
For the memory thing to work you need to use mutliple memorys, 1 for each #. For example, you can memory #1 for the MCI # you have to call, memory #2 for your Card # and then memory #3 for the disney dine #.

Yep--guess I could have figured that out if I tried using my brain! Disney dementia must be setting in!!

hey it happens to the best of us :)

I only knew about this because the instructions book that came with my phone mentioned putting account #s etc in the memory for telebanking etc. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter