Any "behind the scenes" tours?

I generally watch the on demand stuff. That's fun. They also have a few tours in the public areas that that about the design of the ship, art, etc. I remember one on the Fantasy where they talked about the carpets and they did pop us into Remy and Palo while they were closed and talked a bit about the design in each as well as that little area in front of them (I forget the name).

But nothing that's in secure parts of the ship.

Many years ago (20?) I took some tours of Carnival and RCL ships including the bridge and the engine room, but that was a private thing for my dad who worked in the industry. Really cool stuff!

We did a behind the scenes tour of the stage/theater on the Fantasy in August 2017. It wasn't advertised anywhere. We asked about it at Guest Services when we first got on board. They told us that it wasn't scheduled, but that they'd see what they could do. A could days later, we received an invitation on the fish outside our stateroom. It was on an at sea day and lasted 45 minutes or so. The head sound technician (I hope I got that right) took us on a tour of the theater and we ended up on the stage. It was really interesting!

We have been on both galley and back-stage tours, but on longer cruises (EBPC & WBTA) of 10-14 days. Do check the navigators and with guest services to see if your cruise offers these activities. They are well worth experiencing and the crew members that give the latter are often in the stage shows and fun to meet. Good luck!

Same here, I have done galley and back stage tours on DCL, but they were either on a transatlantic or a Panama Canal, I can't recall. I do know that for the galley tour, it wasn't a "ticketed" or reserved event, it was just on the schedule but then HALF of the ship showed up. They had to quickly schedule several tours and let people sign up it was so popular. There was still a long line just to get the reservation for a different day. It was very interesting, but similar to galley tours I have done on other cruise lines.

I really don't know how I got the backstage tour of the Walt Disney Theater, but it was super interesting. They show you a LOT of stuff. The way they managed to fit all of the sets together and tucked away was pretty cool - they need to use every space wisely. They also told us that Belle's gown cost the most of any of the costumes. We got to meet the seamstress and see costumes she was repairing.

I think because these are so popular is why they only do them on longer cruises - everyone wants to do them and they wouldn't have time on a short cruise, but when you have seven sea days...

I do know that for the galley tour, it wasn't a "ticketed" or reserved event, it was just on the schedule but then HALF of the ship showed up.
On our EBTA in 2016, they gave out tickets, with a time to meet for the galley tour. I know there were at least 3 different time slots.

Our backstage tour was part of the Entertainment Q&A session in the WDT (again EBTA 2016)

I also had a couple of galley tour (WBTA 14 and 9n Norwegian fjörds in 2015)...I didn't find it that interesting I must say, but hey free glass of wine! :)
We also had the backstage tour of the Theater and that was wonderful and magic!!! we got to take the stage lift down to the "underground" level, soooooo fuuuun! it was also on the WBTA 2014...I would love to do that again, hoping they do it for the EBTA 2019!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter