Any bets on the DCA Marvel Land name?

What about character names? I could see them going for something along the lines of 'Stark Expo' like from Iron Man 2? I think that'd be a big enough umbrella to include whatever attractions they want.

Edit: Nevermind! Just saw that part of the contract...so bizarre...

"Restrictions as to the geographic location of The Marvel Action Universe in areas where MCA has exclusive rights hereunder.
i. The Marvel Action Universe will not be within 60 miles of any Universal Theme Park with a THE MARVEL UNIVERSE

ii. Mini-theme parks, recreation centers, game centers and the like designated with the Marvel name or the name of any Marvel characters or any major entertainment component of a Marvel Action Universe such as a motion based film ride shall not be within 60 miles of any Universal Theme Park with a THE MARVEL UNIVERSE.

iii. Within the ADI market of the city containing a Universal Theme Park (even to the extent such ADI exceeds a 60 mile radius) there shall not be a Marvel themed simulator ride. "

With GotG now coming to Epcot, does anyone have any thoughts on this "within 60 miles" reference in the contract? Is GotG excluded because MCA doesn't have exclusive right to it and therefore the 60 mile radius only references those particular characters and character families that Universal IOA already uses? Very intrigued by this document and trying to make sense of it.

The 60 mile radius is specifically talking about a planned chain of retail / gaming complexes that Marvel was developing called The Marvel Action Universe. It would have kind of been like a Marvel themed Disney Quest concept. For context you have to read the beginning of that section.

4. To the extent and in the territories that MCA has exclusive theme park rights, such shall not prohibit (except for the limitations described below) Marvel from itself developing or licensing its planned Retail concept which may include interactive elements as a major or minor element (presently intended to be called “The Marvel Action Universe” and referred to as such herein, but which may also be called “The Marvel Universe” or another name chosen by Marvel). The Marvel Action Universe will consist, inter alia, of the sale of comic books, trading cards, software, licensed or Marvel produced merchandise, the use of electronic games and/or pinballs or other coin operated games, and may include one or more virtual reality and/or simulator ride using Marvel characters or other themes. The following restrictions shall apply to The Marvel Action Universe (or elements thereof whether owned or licensed by Marvel).

I've heard rumblings about "Superhero City", but I'm not sure if I'm a fan of that. What do people think it could be called?
that sounds good. I was thinking"City of United Heroes" and its like a vortex of time and space where superheores universes come together in a united way - like aUNbut of united supper heroes universes. There is vortex somewhere high above California to get access to thepor

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts