Any body know about a disney park being built in Colombia

eagleoneoh

Earning My Ears
A company posted a news story about building a 920,000 m3 water reservoir near a site for a new disney theme park thats coming to colombia. THe Company building it is New Colombia Resources

The Property is 25 miles from girardot

Seems like one of the standards rumors that pops up about a South American Disney. I don't see it happening as South Americans travel to WDW and they would lose a ton of business at WDW by opening a park there.

Also I couldn't imagine Disney opening in an unstable area.

A company posted a news story about building a 920,000 m3 water reservoir near a site for a new disney theme park thats coming to colombia. THe Company building it is New Colombia Resources

The Property is 25 miles from girardot

Will never happen. Here's why:
  1. Not a safe location. Violent crime and kidnappings aren't as rampant as they were in the 80's, but they are still a problem.
  2. There is not a sizeable, strong middle class in this region to support a Disney theme park. Its economy is not booming the way China's is.
  3. Upper and middle class South Americans who love Disney already go to WDW, typically in mid-summer. If this group stayed in South America, WDW would lose a substantial visitor base. (With the Brazilian economy in the tank, that seems to be happening right now: deals & availability are better for this July than I've ever seen them, & I don't think it's a coincidence that WDW's home page currently features a man who looks South American. My inference is that WDW is hurting financially not only from the oft-cursed Shanghai park, but from Brazilian economic woes.)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter