any campers from PA???

Obsessed w/Disney in OH

With hope, the imagination soars.
Hello! Unfortunately, we are not going to WDW this summer :( , but we are taking a trip to PA. We've never been there, but plan to check out Hershey, Philadelphia, etc. We are bringing our travel trailer to camp hile there. Any suggestions about where to camp? We can split up the trip and camp several places, but looking for decent, clean campgrounds--something fun for the kids. Any ideas?

Obsessed,
Hershey Park has a lovely campground. you can find info about it on the Hershey Park web site. There are lots of other area attractions there as well - we like the caves. We live quite close to Philly and wouldn't recomend any campgrounds close to Philly. You are better off camping at the Jersey shore area and making a day trip to Philly for the historical sites. We like Cape May and in particular Big Timber Lake Campground(lots of organized activities for the kids and adults - very clean), but that is a bit of a stretch from Philly (about at 1.5 to 2 hour drive) You could certainly find a campground closer to Long Beach Island that would make for a closer trip to Philly. Jersey beaches aren't the greatest in the world, but the boardwalks are fun.

Check out woodals.com for some good campsites in the area.

good luck - lori

We love to camp in Gettysburg at Drummer Boy. Very nice clean campground with lots of activities for the children. Drummer Boy is just 5 minutes to the battlefield. You can check out their website at www.DrummerBoyCamping.com
Hershey's campground is very nice also. They offer a shuttle to the park and you can go to a character breakfast ($) at Chocolate Town Cafe. The campground does have an active freight railroad next to it!
PP

Looks like hubby and I will be doing the same thing this summer, no Disney, maybe Hershey Park and Gettysburg. We also want to include a side trip to Lancaster for some great outlet shopping, my favorite thing to do. We have done a lot of debating about Disney, having gone the past 3 years in a row, so if we miss this year, oh well, we can always start planning for next. Hopefully we will not be too disappointed with our decision.
If I get too sad I can always go into my NEW kitchen and NEW bathroom and say, "Here is my Disney for this year."

It's very hard NOT to go to Disney, but the $$$! Enjoy your new kitchen and bathroom, waldo'smom! Planning is half the fun, so you can start now!

Thanks for the input everyone. Much appreciated! Anyone else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter