Any chance Disney will move from Vancouver to Seattle?

I hope not. Vancouver is as much an attraction for the Alaskan cruises as Alaska itself.

Vancouver is the one of the most ideal ports for embarkation I’ve visited.

Lots of available hotels (although expensive).

Walkability and transportation, both as tourist, and in getting to the port.

It’s Vancouver! Green, lush - and most of us have seen it in TV shows without knowing it:

B3C4C458-CBFC-4065-9A29-5925E68E538F.jpeg

Yep, Vancouver.

1A8D4A21-618A-4CBF-A96C-159B437A58BC.jpeg

And then who could afford to cruise - especially with Disney pricing as it is while not paying US wages?!

Got it so screw those people because they work for a US company, with US citizens, from a US port but there is a loophole. Feel the same for the local people who work at Walmart, restaurants, in janitorial?

Sorry I completely reject your question as valid response. They will make changes to how things work to offer the service possibly at increased costs and DECREASED profits. I could offer lots of amazing things in the US if I didn't have to pay employees.

Think how much better Disney World could be if they could pay everyone the same as DCL.

Vancouver is the one of the most ideal ports for embarkation I’ve visited.

Lots of available hotels (although expensive).

Walkability and transportation, both as tourist, and in getting to the port.

It’s Vancouver! Green, lush - and most of us have seen it in TV shows without knowing it:
OTOH, downtown Vancouver is a serious pain to drive around. Traffic lights are not synced up, so you go maybe 2 blocks before you hit another red light.

And granted, you're probably not renting a car if you're only there for the day before a cruise, but some of the hiking outside of the city is very nice.

As someone who lives 30 minutes from Seattle, switching to Seattle would mean no Alaska cruises for us. The city is quite honestly very unsafe and we have decided to avoid it 100%. This is a new decision, about a year or two old now. And I have many friends and coworkers doing the same. My mom's company recently relocated to the suburbs as well.

OTOH, downtown Vancouver is a serious pain to drive around. Traffic lights are not synced up, so you go maybe 2 blocks before you hit another red light.

And granted, you're probably not renting a car if you're only there for the day before a cruise, but some of the hiking outside of the city is very nice.

The downtown roads don’t look like they could handle much traffic.

I’ve wanted to go to North Vancouver, but transport always boiled down to a rental car, so it will be on a trip that allows for more time pre- or post-cruise.

We’ve been watching a lot of Hallmark channel movies, so love the scenery outside Vancouver. Probably should just skip a cruise and do a BC land vacation.

I’ve wanted to go to North Vancouver, but transport always boiled down to a rental car, so it will be on a trip that allows for more time pre- or post-cruise.

We’ve been watching a lot of Hallmark channel movies, so love the scenery outside Vancouver. Probably should just skip a cruise and do a BC land vacation.
If you could get into Canada......

Saw you removed the post so deleting most of this.

Want the feds to discuss labor laws and requirements? Sure go ahead and if they want to write cruise line specifc labor requirements that's fine with me too. There are laws specific to tipped workers, safety protocol, salary, work hours, leave requirements, ect. All of that can be worked out and specific just to cruise ships but based on US laws not another countries laws that a company uses.

In the end I am not here to order cruise companies to pay more. I am simply saying if a ship is all US based then US laws should apply. Having it stop in international ports makes it an international ship and they can do what they want.

If they want to flag in the US but want more favorable tax and labor requirements then the Feds should absolutely be talking with them to see if there is a way to get it done.

Last edited:

It's worth doing. Vancouver is a great place to visit not because of the city, but because of everything surrounding the city. Although admittedly I wouldn't mind stumbling upon crews filming an Arrowverse show.

Disney won't sail the ship under a US flag because they don't want to pay the crew US minimum wage, they don't want to deal with extra regulations, and they don't want the liability of having to follow US laws such as OSHA, workers compensation, etc. There is a big reason these ships are flagged to a "nation of convenience."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter