Any chance Splash Mountain will close again in January?

Who is changing my thread title??? I feel it’s a bit misleading to keep changing it when it’s not 100 percent for sure!

Moderators are doing that. It shouldn't say confirmed when it isn't anyways.

I know it’s a mod but seems a bit silly to change it when it was never *really* for sure going down. That’s why I had it as a question. I guess they’ll change it back to “closed in January” when Disney throws us in a tailspin again...

I know it’s a mod but seems a bit silly to change it when it was never *really* for sure going down. That’s why I had it as a question. I guess they’ll change it back to “closed in January” when Disney throws us in a tailspin again...
I know. This thread is starting to make me feel bipolar! :crazy2:

I just looked at the FP options. The 4 days (days 27-30) that it’ll be open within the 30 day window are completely booked up already. It looks like Resort Guests are taking all the FastPasses :( I might have to book a throwaway to actually get to do Splash before it goes back down again.

[EDIT] Booked a campsite for 60 days from now and got a FP+ for Splash first Saturday in December and found a stray FoP FP+ for that Sunday :-)

Last edited:
Now I am so confused (Which to be fair is my default status in life)

So let me try to get this straight in my head, and please correct me if I'm wrong:

Currently there is a Rumor that SM will be down in January - which up until now is still not confirmed
Although some Travel agency are saying it's going to be down.
But the CM calendar is showing it's open.

Am I right so far.

If this is the case what is the likelihood of the rumor being true; and secondly if it is true when do Disney normally confirm these things.

As I have already told all the family that we won't be riding it the next trip (Sad Faces all round) but now I don't know whether to be hopeful that we might get the chance to fall into a briar patch or not..

Now I am so confused (Which to be fair is my default status in life)

So let me try to get this straight in my head, and please correct me if I'm wrong:

Currently there is a Rumor that SM will be down in January - which up until now is still not confirmed
Although some Travel agency are saying it's going to be down.
But the CM calendar is showing it's open.

Am I right so far.

If this is the case what is the likelihood of the rumor being true; and secondly if it is true when do Disney normally confirm these things.

As I have already told all the family that we won't be riding it the next trip (Sad Faces all round) but now I don't know whether to be hopeful that we might get the chance to fall into a briar patch or not..

You’ve got it right. At this point, I’d assume it’s down and hope for the best. The FP window will be open next month for January so maybe they’ll have it figured out then and we’ll see if FPs are available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!