Any chance Splash Mountain will close again in January?

Is this the longest refurb for splash in the past few years? The only one I can remember was when they repaired all the falling rock work but I’m not sure of the duration

Now I am so confused (Which to be fair is my default status in life)

So let me try to get this straight in my head, and please correct me if I'm wrong:

Currently there is a Rumor that SM will be down in January - which up until now is still not confirmed
Although some Travel agency are saying it's going to be down.
But the CM calendar is showing it's open.

Am I right so far.

If this is the case what is the likelihood of the rumor being true; and secondly if it is true when do Disney normally confirm these things.

As I have already told all the family that we won't be riding it the next trip (Sad Faces all round) but now I don't know whether to be hopeful that we might get the chance to fall into a briar patch or not..
Travel Agents are given a calendar the shows when rides will be down for refurbs. Currently their calendar says it will be closed.

The CM internal website called the Hub is showing it as open currently.

Disney isn't exactly great with calendars.

There so many non-Disney words I want to scream in response to this news.

We delayed our trip to avoid the massive refurb of SM.

any update on this? Seems a few sites that previously had it listed as a refurb for these dates have changed their mind. Only place I see it listed now is kenny the pirate.

ON a second somewhat related question, how often do rides come off refurb early? This is our 3rd trip to the world and Kali river rapids has never been open. It's currently slated to come off refurn on the 4th of feb, we leave on the 3rd. Does this ever happen, or is that line pretty firm.

any update on this? Seems a few sites that previously had it listed as a refurb for these dates have changed their mind. Only place I see it listed now is kenny the pirate.

ON a second somewhat related question, how often do rides come off refurb early? This is our 3rd trip to the world and Kali river rapids has never been open. It's currently slated to come off refurn on the 4th of feb, we leave on the 3rd. Does this ever happen, or is that line pretty firm.
Nothing more on this.

It is very unlikely for a ride to get done with a refurb early.

If you go in Jan/Feb you may never ride Kali. And to be honest, short of the really hot months of the year where you need to cool off, you aren't missing much. Then again, I'm probably biased since it's one of my least favorite rides at WDW. We walked on last Dec and the only hold up to the ride at all was all the people putting on ponchos so that when they got soaked it wouldn't ruin their day. Soggy shoes and socks still need to survive the long trek around AK without creating blisters...

Thanks for both your replies. I hear you about Kali, we've missed it the last 2 times by 1 day each time. As for the temperature, I'm fine riding water rides as long as it isn't colder than 15 degrees celsius, or about 65 ferenheit. Last time we were there we got to ride splash mountain 4 times in a row because no one was on it:)

For comparison how similar is Kali to Grizzly river rapids in California? We absolutely loved that ride.

If you go in Jan/Feb you may never ride Kali. And to be honest, short of the really hot months of the year where you need to cool off, you aren't missing much. Then again, I'm probably biased since it's one of my least favorite rides at WDW. We walked on last Dec and the only hold up to the ride at all was all the people putting on ponchos so that when they got soaked it wouldn't ruin their day. Soggy shoes and socks still need to survive the long trek around AK without creating blisters...

Thanks for both your replies. I hear you about Kali, we've missed it the last 2 times by 1 day each time. As for the temperature, I'm fine riding water rides as long as it isn't colder than 15 degrees celsius, or about 65 ferenheit. Last time we were there we got to ride splash mountain 4 times in a row because no one was on it:)

For comparison how similar is Kali to Grizzly river rapids in California? We absolutely loved that ride.
Splash Mountain and a few drops of water are fun even when it's 40 degrees and dark outside. There is not nearly enough water to soak a sweatshirt or jeans (if the weather requires such). And Splash with it's story, music, characters, and length is in my opinion the best ride in all of Disney World.

The problem with Kali is at least a couple of people on your raft will get absolutely soaked and there's no way to know who it will be. In a temperature under 75 without a poncho or full change of clothes this could be potentially be a day ruiner, lol.

Splash Mountain and a few drops of water are fun even when it's 40 degrees and dark outside. There is not nearly enough water to soak a sweatshirt or jeans (if the weather requires such). And Splash with it's story, music, characters, and length is in my opinion the best ride in all of Disney World.

The problem with Kali is at least a couple of people on your raft will get absolutely soaked and there's no way to know who it will be. In a temperature under 75 without a poncho or full change of clothes this could be potentially be a day ruiner, lol.

This, right here. 100% this. Splash is a fantastic ride with a chance of getting damp. Kali is poor ride with a likelihood of getting wet and a possibility of being soaked all the way through. If you are going to ride Kali when it isn't 80 degrees, bring a poncho and spare socks or take off your shoes and socks and wear flip flops on the ride before changing back. Your feet will be soaked through and with the walking at AK it can quickly get miserable.

Right now, you CAN get FP's for Splash for the supposed closed refurb time in January. That is supposedly starting on 1/8, and I can see FP's available through 1/12 right now. So that's a good sign though certainly not definitive.

I was wondering about this so thanks for posting!

It was closed when we were there early September. Did we frown? of course! but it did not ruin our vacation. We walked by it many times heading to BTM and talked about how awesome it is and that made us smile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter