Any chance Splash Mountain will close again in January?

Yup, there it goes. Our last park day is 2/2 so technically we could park hop and go ride it. We'll have to see what the kids want to do that day as I think we'll be starting in AK for FoP.

It is closed starting January 8th. Fastpasses are unavailable after Jan 7th.
A few sources are claiming it to be closed from the 8th January 1st February. Apparently in a bid to separate refurb into two sections, in order to accomodate for the holiday crowds

I wanted to see a jig. :(

And I would have gladly obliged.

I just think this all stinks. I am doubly mad that I purchased crazy expensive DAH tickets and there is still no official public word from Disney about the January closing.

Splash Mountain and a few drops of water are fun even when it's 40 degrees and dark outside. There is not nearly enough water to soak a sweatshirt or jeans (if the weather requires such). And Splash with it's story, music, characters, and length is in my opinion the best ride in all of Disney World.

The problem with Kali is at least a couple of people on your raft will get absolutely soaked and there's no way to know who it will be. In a temperature under 75 without a poncho or full change of clothes this could be potentially be a day ruiner, lol.
For some reason, me and my daughter got the front seat on splash Mountain more times than not. I was soaked every time. I shouldn't have had a white shirt on. I needed a towel! It was so much fun.

Splash Mountain and a few drops of water are fun even when it's 40 degrees and dark outside. There is not nearly enough water to soak a sweatshirt or jeans (if the weather requires such). And Splash with it's story, music, characters, and length is in my opinion the best ride in all of Disney World.

The problem with Kali is at least a couple of people on your raft will get absolutely soaked and there's no way to know who it will be. In a temperature under 75 without a poncho or full change of clothes this could be potentially be a day ruiner, lol.
I've walked off SpM dripping wet, in jeans and a sweatshirt.

Well I don’t have to worry about this any more! I completely lost my mind and decided to bump our trip up a month and do a Christmas trip!! :yay:

Plans are almost complete, and yes...I made fastpasss for Splash Mountain every MK day of our trip!! Can’t wait! :dancer:

(I called the ticketing people and they switched my DAH ticket to a Christmas party ticket. So excited!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!