Any chance the Halloween tiki mug will still be available 2 weeks from now?

So right now they are issuing wristbands and its 1 mug per customer, so that will help to get more mugs into the hands of guests and not just feeding eBay. But right now people that go often are overwhelmed with requests. Trust me I'm trying to get one too.

As to your question it's hard to tell, I can't say I'd feel very positive about getting one by the 30th. But some collectors didn't seem to excited about this design so maybe.

We'll grumble... Wife and I are celebrating 20 years married on October 31, so timing for this trip is rather set in stone.

Or... I can grab someone else for a long weekend trip asap.

That was easy. Found two round trip tickets from Detroit for just over $300 total leaving Monday. Then found a date for a 3 day Disney trip; all in the 15 minutes or so I've taken to write this out.

So now I have good hopes of snagging a hatbox ghost mug AND the last glass I need from Kick Lindsey hangar bar to boot. Then I can skip Trader Sam's and the Hangar 2 weeks later when down again with the wife (she actually really hates both places).

Oh, I love it when a plan comes together...

FYI the current reports are that they begin handing out wristbands at 1PM, the line started before noon. Once you get you wristband you can come back any time after 3:30 to pick up your mug.

I am leaving for WDW Saturday. I hope the lining up dies down. I had a Trader Sams day planned, but don't think I can get there for noon.

I just bought one on ebay. :P I bid on one and lost, then bought one outright for less than I had bid on the other so I don't feel so bad about it.

I just bought one on ebay. :P I bid on one and lost, then bought one outright for less than I had bid on the other so I don't feel so bad about it.
Probably cheaper than my plan. But then ... now I get two trips before my AP Expires

Just saw this dropped today: https://twitter.com/WDWToday/status/1049751364874788864

I get to WDW on the 30th and fear I will be a week or two too late to snag one.

Does anyone remember how quickly the hitchhiking ghost tiki mug sold out?

Can I offer to buy a round of drinks for anyone willing to pick one of these up for me?
If it’s anything like the past 2 years, no, it will not still be there in 2 weeks. I believe they sold out in 10 days.

Last edited:
So right now they are issuing wristbands and its 1 mug per customer, so that will help to get more mugs into the hands of guests and not just feeding eBay. But right now people that go often are overwhelmed with requests. Trust me I'm trying to get one too.

As to your question it's hard to tell, I can't say I'd feel very positive about getting one by the 30th. But some collectors didn't seem to excited about this design so maybe.

It has been one per person since the hitchhiking mug debuted two years ago. Five of us stood in line one day, however, I went back to view the line the next couple of days and saw the same locals that were lined up with us. So even though it is one per customer, it’s not stopping locals from going more than once.

It has been one per person since the hitchhiking mug debuted two years ago. Five of us stood in line one day, however, I went back to view the line the next couple of days and saw the same locals that were lined up with us. So even though it is one per customer, it’s not stopping locals from going more than once.
:( Almost be nice if they tracked that, but not sure how they'd do it. They're all up on eBay now.

Well now I'm stuck. Night before my little jaunt down to the Mouse a kidney stone decided to make its migration to the great open sea. So now instead of slippery ghost themed cocktails in the most Magical... I'm guzzling water and narcotic pain management in ... Michigan.

Gonna have to feed the ebay monsters after all.

@cobright sorry to hear that, been there done that twice, never want to have another. I also had Gout and found once I started to address that issue my Kidney Stone issue went away.

Hang in there!

I was there this past Thursday, they said the mug was sold out. The bartenders seemed relieved, the one said he made $12000 worth of drink by himself saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!