Any colleges close to Sea World, or Animal Kingdom?

sbplayer2410

Future Vet for Sea World
hey everyone,
I am a junior in highschool and i want to work with marine animals after college, so i am trying to find a good college near seaworld, that also has prevet, or at least a good animal program and biology majors. I want one near seaworld so i can get a job there while at school. If you know of any good schools like that please let me know
Thanks!!!

alright i will check those out, right now i am looking at University of Tampa, and Jacksonville University, neither are really close, but have good programs

How ab out the university of Florida. They have classes all over the state. We even have students here in Brevard County who do the turtle watch each day counting nests, making sure they are protected, etc. I know one of my friend's sons was only going to Gainesville once a week, the rest of his classes were in Orlando and he was pre-med.

Also check out Florida Institute of Technology (Florida Tech), at www.fit.edu. FIT is in Melbourne, just about an hour from Orlando.

I know they have a marine biology program, my brother got a graduate degree there.

Also check out Florida Institute of Technology (Florida Tech), at www.fit.edu. FIT is in Melbourne, just about an hour from Orlando.

I know they have a marine biology program, my brother got a graduate degree there.

LOL Forgot about that one. And it is right in my backyard! LOL FIT is a great school, very expensive though. Tuition is about $24,000 a year.

thanks everyone, does any one know about Jacksonville University, or University of Tampa, do you know if they are really good schools?

What are you wanting to do with marine animals? Sea World requires either a Psycology, Biology, or Education degree to get into the animal training program. You also need to be scuba, water rescue, and cpr certified. You must pass an intense swim test as well.

well, i actually want to be a vet, i plan on majoring in either pre-vet, or a biology, and then going to vet school, (and yes, i do have the grades and work ethic to be able to go to vet school, and i do know how hard it will be) but my back up would be doing animal husbandry. and i want to go to school near seaworld, just so i can get a job like selling things or something just to get to know the place, and get an in with the company, so it would be easier to get a job as a vet later onin my life

and thats wicked cool how u work at SW with the birds, i got to see the show when i went to Advanced Career camp, last summer, and i plan on going again this summer

I totally agree, check out Florida Institute of technology located in melbourne. It's only an hour away from orlando, but it has an awesome Biology and Environmental programs since it's located near the ocean and etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter