Any COUPLES who are Disney Fans!?

Yay, another Aussie! :) Do you share the pain of having to travel halfway around the world to get to ANYTHING Disney :( haha

We have visited Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea the most (three times so far with another trip planned for 2017). We get cheap flights with Jetstar and the direct flight time is only 8 or 9 hours. The exchange rate is normally good as well.

It's probably our favourite Disney park. It's so well maintained and well run. And the vast majority of visitors are young adults, so we don't feel so out of place (currently) being child-free.

From your signature, I don't know how you do Disney World and Disneyland every year! We don't have the budget or the holiday leave to travel to the US so frequently (although Disneyland and a Disney Alaskan Cruise are part of our honeymoon in May/June 2016).

My partner (now spouse) and I went to the MK for my birthday back in March of 2011. I had been about 20 times before, but this was his first time. He liked it but not enough to go back, although he did go to Disneyland with me the following year since we had to go to Los Angeles for my work. So, after much begging for him to go back with me, I am going alone end of October, and staying at the Disney Port Orleans Riverside for 6 days! I'm an introvert, so I am definitely challenging my comfort zone by going alone, but extremely excited!

Last edited:
I'm an introvert, so I am definitely challenging my comfort zone by going alone
I'm an introvert, and I think I'd find going myself to be quite relaxing. I don't have trouble interacting with people in structured commercial situations, like ordering a meal at a restaurant. The only problem might be being put on rides with talkative people, but that's uncommon.

Good for you Gary do you thing! I couldn't ever imagine going and not sharing the magic with someone - that to me is the best feeling ever!

Good for you Gary do you thing! I couldn't ever imagine going and not sharing the magic with someone - that to me is the best feeling ever!
Unfortunately, that is not always possible. My partner does not want to join me, and I do not want him to if he is not going to be able to share in the magic. On the other hand, I really love Disney World and don't want to let time pass by without going again. Because of timing there are no others to join me at the moment, so this time I will be going by myself for the first time. I am also an artist and have had the privilege of sharing my work throughout the world for years with people I have never met. In that way, I would be at the Magic Kingdom sharing the magic with thousands of people I do not know, but who are there at the same time as I am, feeling the same magic. While being an introvert could have easily stopped me from going alone, my love for Disney World is strong enough to push me to do it.

Unfortunately, that is not always possible. My partner does not want to join me, and I do not want him to if he is not going to be able to share in the magic. On the other hand, I really love Disney World and don't want to let time pass by without going again. Because of timing there are no others to join me at the moment, so this time I will be going by myself for the first time. I am also an artist and have had the privilege of sharing my work throughout the world for years with people I have never met. In that way, I would be at the Magic Kingdom sharing the magic with thousands of people I do not know, but who are there at the same time as I am, feeling the same magic. While being an introvert could have easily stopped me from going alone, my love for Disney World is strong enough to push me to do it.

Awe I'm sorry Alfredo and you story is a very nice one :). I would love to see your art sometimes! I'm also sad your partner doesn't like Disney...mine didn't either, now he does. I do things for him that I hate like car shows and watch expos and he does things for me that I like...but again it's a give and take.

Thanks Campbell! To be fair, he went with me for my birthday in March of 2011. Then, the year after that I had to be in Los Angeles for my work and we took an impromptu day at Disneyland. But that was pretty much it for him. He is thrilled I am going, and I will miss him a lot, but I am happy to be going even if alone.

I am actually a recording artist. While I generally like to lay low and keep my personal life separate, I really appreciate your asking!
pooh:

Last edited:
Thanks Campbell! To be fair, he went with me for my birthday in March of 2011. Then, the year after that I had to be in Los Angeles for my work and we took an impromptu day at Disneyland. But that was pretty much it for him. He is thrilled I am going, and I will miss him a lot, but I am happy to be going even if alone.

I am actually a recording artist. While I generally like to lay low and keep my personal life separate, I really appreciate your asking. You can check me out at alconti.net
pooh:

I just spent about 20 minutes on your website listening to your beautiful compositions thank you so much for sharing your wonderful work:)

Thanks Campbell! That's so nice of you. It's been a lot of intense work the last couple of years as I have an album release early October. This is why I couldn't get away to Disney until late October. I will be more than ready by then to take a week off!
:earboy2:

My gf is not a fan at all but I make her go with me. She's usually ok when she's actually in the park but the struggle to get her there is real. I try to plan really casual trips where we just focus on a couple of things and that way it's not so stressed and we have to eat like all the time. I also try to do some sort of special event so she has some relief from the crowds.

We got into an argument last week and now to make it up to me she has to take me to see the frozen show:)

My gf is not a fan at all but I make her go with me. She's usually ok when she's actually in the park but the struggle to get her there is real. I try to plan really casual trips where we just focus on a couple of things and that way it's not so stressed and we have to eat like all the time. I also try to do some sort of special event so she has some relief from the crowds.

We got into an argument last week and now to make it up to me she has to take me to see the frozen show:)
I am finding that going by myself this time will be less pressure. I won't have to worry about my partner having a good time lime I did last time. Going alone I just worry about me.
pooh:

I hope you don't mind me chiming in, but I love Disney and my fiancé doesn't (similar to the gentleman above). He doesn't hate it by any means and he'll go to the parks with me, but his energy runs low fairly quickly with long lines and the heat so he often just feels like sitting down, leaving, sleeping... and I obviously just wanna keep going.

I've somehow just ended up going on my own to California and Orlando a few times - and I'm totally fine. Of course at times I wish I had someone to share the magic with me, even a friend or something, but I get over it by just walking around, meeting characters (which put a HUGE smile on my face) or eating treats.

Me and my Emily are lesbians who are nuts about disney parks, Land World anything!
I am so jealous! I am nuts about Disney parks, especially MK and EPCOT, but my Kevin is not :( So, I am going to DW by myself come October! My prince will stay home...I'll have something to talk to Cinderella about. Hopefully her prince is more involved than mine!

:tigger:

I hope you don't mind me chiming in, but I love Disney and my fiancé doesn't (similar to the gentleman above). He doesn't hate it by any means and he'll go to the parks with me, but his energy runs low fairly quickly with long lines and the heat so he often just feels like sitting down, leaving, sleeping... and I obviously just wanna keep going.

I've somehow just ended up going on my own to California and Orlando a few times - and I'm totally fine. Of course at times I wish I had someone to share the magic with me, even a friend or something, but I get over it by just walking around, meeting characters (which put a HUGE smile on my face) or eating treats.

I hear you! I am the gentleman you referred to. Ironically, my partner not going to Disney with me got me writing a blog about it! (which you can check out here if you like). He went to WDW with me once, and unexpectedly to Disneyland when my work took me to LA. But that was it for him. So, I am booked for a week at WDW in late October by myself. An introvert alone at Disney World...should be fun. However, I am SO excited to go I can't sit still!

I am so jealous! I am nuts about Disney parks, especially MK and EPCOT, but my Kevin is not :( So, I am going to DW by myself come October! My prince will stay home...I'll have something to talk to Cinderella about. Hopefully her prince is more involved than mine!

:tigger:

My Kevin not only gets dragged to the park with me - I make him dress up in the various things that I do as well - have you seen the photos lol?

I hear you! I am the gentleman you referred to. Ironically, my partner not going to Disney with me got me writing a blog about it! (which you can check out here if you like). He went to WDW with me once, and unexpectedly to Disneyland when my work took me to LA. But that was it for him. So, I am booked for a week at WDW in late October by myself. An introvert alone at Disney World...should be fun. However, I am SO excited to go I can't sit still!
Awesome, I'll check it out! Yes you're that gentleman, it's very nice to meet you :)

I've uploaded just a few videos of my solo experiences and one with my partner on YouTube, I can share that link with you if you want to kill time at some point. That's great that you're still going even if your beau isn't! You don't sound like an introvert anyway, and I hope you have a lot of fun there! I went in early June, and there's a chance I might go again in early August (work wants me in NY to work on some projects and my manager lets my fly to Orlando haha)

You have a Kevin too?!

DSC00289_zpsmxhlf9b4.jpg

Yes I do and this is what he does for me <3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts