Any COUPLES who are Disney Fans!?

Awesome, I'll check it out! Yes you're that gentleman, it's very nice to meet you :)

I've uploaded just a few videos of my solo experiences and one with my partner on YouTube, I can share that link with you if you want to kill time at some point. That's great that you're still going even if your beau isn't! You don't sound like an introvert anyway, and I hope you have a lot of fun there! I went in early June, and there's a chance I might go again in early August (work wants me in NY to work on some projects and my manager lets my fly to Orlando haha)

I'd love to see the videos! I cannot imagine going to WDF in August. Even when I used to live in Tampa, FL, it was hot as hell. I am going late October when the weather turns really nice in Orlando. Since I am in Atlanta, it is a car drive away, so that helps. I used to live in VT and NYC (interchangeably) and WDW was just too far away for me. But I am in charge of my work, so depending on what is going on, I can plan around now. And my partner/husband was very supportive of my going (possibly because he was off the hook now). I remind him he married a Disney nut. And he had plenty of time to make up his mind, we were together 9 years before we actually got married last year! HA HA. He knew what he was getting into. Hey, wait..maybe because now we're legally married and I won't go anywhere he feels he does not need to go to Disney with me and I can go alone. Hmmmm.....

I'd love to see the videos! I cannot imagine going to WDF in August. Even when I used to live in Tampa, FL, it was hot as hell. I am going late October when the weather turns really nice in Orlando. Since I am in Atlanta, it is a car drive away, so that helps. I used to live in VT and NYC (interchangeably) and WDW was just too far away for me. But I am in charge of my work, so depending on what is going on, I can plan around now. And my partner/husband was very supportive of my going (possibly because he was off the hook now). I remind him he married a Disney nut. And he had plenty of time to make up his mind, we were together 9 years before we actually got married last year! HA HA. He knew what he was getting into. Hey, wait..maybe because now we're legally married and I won't go anywhere he feels he does not need to go to Disney with me and I can go alone. Hmmmm.....

Sure! Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTWtYX9g7gBjZQb9o7I3mbw

Sounds like you've lived in some cool places, I'm jealous! I know August will be horribly hot, but that's when I have to go to NYC for work (which will be super hot too), plus I live in London and I could do with some rays. I'm not married yet, will be in November though when we do it in Miami! Jason trusts me to be alone and all, we're fairly independent so it works fine. It's just a few times, mainly at certain meal times, when it would be just a little nicer to have someone to share my big smiles with at the table, you know?

thanks and again I know he really really doesn't like it but does it for me - we got engaged last May there and are gonna be married legally soon too :D
That is great! I could not imagine Kevin and I having gotten engaged at WDW, only because of the irony of him not really liking going there. Though we kinda went from being together for 9 years to getting married in court without much fanfare or engagement. We both kinda wanted it that way. My parents came along (his parents are both deceased). WDW just does not mean for him what it does for me. He grew up in Montreal and he never went to WDW as a child, so maybe he does not have that connection. While I grew up in Argentina, I moved to the states in 1980 when I was 12, and was at WDW within a month. WDW has been my longest love affair!

Sure! Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTWtYX9g7gBjZQb9o7I3mbw

Sounds like you've lived in some cool places, I'm jealous! I know August will be horribly hot, but that's when I have to go to NYC for work (which will be super hot too), plus I live in London and I could do with some rays. I'm not married yet, will be in November though when we do it in Miami! Jason trusts me to be alone and all, we're fairly independent so it works fine. It's just a few times, mainly at certain meal times, when it would be just a little nicer to have someone to share my big smiles with at the table, you know?

Loved the videos!!! Disney Paris looks looks a lot like Disneyland in Anaheim. It seems to have that 'feel 'to it. One of the times we were in France (Kevin is French-Canadian so we go to France often) I said to him, "Let's go to Disney Paris" To which he replied, "NO!!!" That was it. I am not sure if I lived in cool places, but I grew up in Buenos Aires, lived in Florida, Pennsylvania, New York City and Vermont. Now I live in Atlanta. The funny thing was, when I booked my stay at the Disney Port Orleans Riverside, the Cast Member I was booking with said, "You'll get a taste of the South, like Gone With the Wind" and I replied, "Great, it will be like I am back in Atlanta!" LOL

I am so jealous! I am nuts about Disney parks, especially MK and EPCOT, but my Kevin is not :( So, I am going to DW by myself come October! My prince will stay home...I'll have something to talk to Cinderella about. Hopefully her prince is more involved than mine!

:tigger:
Haha true! Meanwhile I gotta stop Emily from flirting with Cinderella!!!

Haha true! Meanwhile I gotta stop Emily from flirting with Cinderella!!!
HAHAHAHA!! Love it!!! I can imagine if I were there with Kevin, it would be tough not to flirt with Gaston...and we'd probably BOTH flirt with him! Although Cinderella is really sweet (though, from what I heard, not always), while Gaston is a bit of a pill. But if you're ever there alone and I happen to be there alone too, I will distract the prince by hitting on him while you hit on Cinderella!
:smickey:

HAHAHAHA!! Love it!!! I can imagine if I were there with Kevin, it would be tough not to flirt with Gaston...and we'd probably BOTH flirt with him! Although Cinderella is really sweet (though, from what I heard, not always), while Gaston is a bit of a pill. But if you're ever there alone and I happen to be there alone too, I will distract the prince by hitting on him while you hit on Cinderella!
:smickey:
Deal! I dig those blondes and sexy puffy sleeve gowns!!! Used to have one myself!

That is great! I could not imagine Kevin and I having gotten engaged at WDW, only because of the irony of him not really liking going there. Though we kinda went from being together for 9 years to getting married in court without much fanfare or engagement. We both kinda wanted it that way. My parents came along (his parents are both deceased). WDW just does not mean for him what it does for me. He grew up in Montreal and he never went to WDW as a child, so maybe he does not have that connection. While I grew up in Argentina, I moved to the states in 1980 when I was 12, and was at WDW within a month. WDW has been my longest love affair!

I grew up dirt poor the only way I could visit Disney was through commercials it was an honor and privileged to go on my first trip when I was 21 and to pay for my mother who raised us on her own was the ultimate reward to myself.

Kevin got engaged to me there in front of the castle as he knew it would make me extremely happy and I was totally not expect ting it at all too!

My ring even has Mickey ears engraved in it :p

Of your down one time maybe we can hang out!

I grew up dirt poor the only way I could visit Disney was through commercials it was an honor and privileged to go on my first trip when I was 21 and to pay for my mother who raised us on her own was the ultimate reward to myself.

Kevin got engaged to me there in front of the castle as he knew it would make me extremely happy and I was totally not expect ting it at all too!

My ring even has Mickey ears engraved in it :p

Of your down one time maybe we can hang out!

Wow, such a beautiful story all around. I can imagine your first time at Disney must have truly been magical. It is so awesome meeting other people who love Disney World as much as I do, especially when they have such a wonderful first Disney time story like yours. Where did you get the rings? I'd LOVE to have a ring with Mickey ears on it, and Kevin and I will exchange new rings next year, when we celebrate 10 years together. The rings we have now are starting to lose their luster. He'd never do a Mickey ring, but I would :earboy2:

Would be great hanging out! This time I will be there October 24 through October 29.

Thanks so much it's awesome to share stories and see how we all end up In the same place as Disney fans! We all have a story or interesting background!

It's going to sound funny but I wanted a traditional ring I don't like diamonds or flashiness I just wanted a solid gold bad - traditional, simple and elegant.

He ended up get g it at Costco which has some quality jewelry to it - it's very hearty and weights a good amount. He got it engraved inside and had to take it to Manhattan because it was hard trying to find someone to engrave it the right way

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 14
Thanks so much it's awesome to share stories and see how we all end up In the same place as Disney fans! We all have a story or interesting background!

It's going to sound funny but I wanted a traditional ring I don't like diamonds or flashiness I just wanted a solid gold bad - traditional, simple and elegant.

He ended up get g it at Costco which has some quality jewelry to it - it's very hearty and weights a good amount. He got it engraved inside and had to take it to Manhattan because it was hard trying to find someone to engrave it the right way

Wow! I LOVE that ring!!! I too like the simple gold band. Kevin likes silver. Our current rings are titanium and gold, so we both got what we liked. I'd love to get something like you have. The engraving is really nice. I wonder if Disney actually sells something like that. Among the regular merchandise, they do sell some high quality stuff.

Wow! I LOVE that ring!!! I too like the simple gold band. Kevin likes silver. Our current rings are titanium and gold, so we both got what we liked. I'd love to get something like you have. The engraving is really nice. I wonder if Disney actually sells something like that. Among the regular merchandise, they do sell some high quality stuff.

Well I think I'll miss you his trip but we'll be down in December as well and maybe next March :). I let my fiancé hear your music as well he thinks you are beyond talented - very cool stuff.

I hope that one day he'll come around and love Disney too their really is something for everyone here :)

Well I think I'll miss you his trip but we'll be down in December as well and maybe next March :). I let my fiancé hear your music as well he thinks you are beyond talented - very cool stuff.

I hope that one day he'll come around and love Disney too their really is something for everyone here :)

I hope he'll come around too someday. I know he'd go if there was another couple or even family, but since he is not into going on all the rides, he feels bad leaving me to go alone. I think he wants me to be happy and he feels if he is not going on Space Mountain or other rides that are too much for him, I won't be as happy because I'd be worried about him, which he is right.

Thank you about my work! The last three years have been devoted to my upcoming album, which is probably my most impressive to date. A lot of work. It comes out first week of October, so I timed my WDW trip for a few weeks after, when I can actually get away. This work is really involved. I also timed my getting away right at Grammy voting time, which is horrendous and getting away from all that crap will be extremely welcome. WDW is the only place in the world where I can actually go and completely let go. I can literally arrive there and the world does not exist. Too bad I'll miss you guys. I have been there the week of March 9 because it is my birthday, but the crowds were awful.

You inspired me to have a ring engraved with a Mickey. Kevin said he'd totally go for it when we do new rings next year (for mine, anyway, lol).

Loved the videos!!! Disney Paris looks looks a lot like Disneyland in Anaheim. It seems to have that 'feel 'to it. One of the times we were in France (Kevin is French-Canadian so we go to France often) I said to him, "Let's go to Disney Paris" To which he replied, "NO!!!" That was it. I am not sure if I lived in cool places, but I grew up in Buenos Aires, lived in Florida, Pennsylvania, New York City and Vermont. Now I live in Atlanta. The funny thing was, when I booked my stay at the Disney Port Orleans Riverside, the Cast Member I was booking with said, "You'll get a taste of the South, like Gone With the Wind" and I replied, "Great, it will be like I am back in Atlanta!" LOL
Urgh but you were so close! If you ever come back to Europe and want to do Disney Paris with someone give me a shout and I'll happily join you. You should also try and make it to Tokyo Disney, it's awesome!

Do you ever go to the D23 expo?

Urgh but you were so close! If you ever come back to Europe and want to do Disney Paris with someone give me a shout and I'll happily join you. You should also try and make it to Tokyo Disney, it's awesome!

Do you ever go to the D23 expo?

When I went to Disneyland I noticed that, while I really liked it, it was not like the Magic Kingdom for me. This is possibly because I have been going and growing with the MK since I was 12. I would probably feel the same going to Disney Paris or Tokyo Disney. I never went to a D23 Expo. I have not joined D23, although I almost did last week, but I read mixed reviews. Part of the reason I would not go to D23 expos is because I am an introvert, so crowds don't appeal to me, but also because my work forces me to be public and be around a lot of people at any given time, so that uses up my 'being around a lot of people' quota.
:eeyore:

My fiancé (we are getting married this August on our 20th anniversary) are Disney fans. I am the bigger fan as can be seen by my huge Donald Duck collection (over 500 pieces) He has an Ursula collection that is tiny compared to mine (about 50 pieces). Our first real vacation together was for our 14th anniversary when we went to Walt Disney World. Before then, most of our time off of work had been spent traveling to visit family. Since that trip, we have taken a vacation somewhere almost every year. We have taken a 2nd trip to Disney World and a trip to Disneyland. For part 1 of our honeymoon, we are heading back to Disneyland. One really cool fact, is my parents also did their honeymoon at Disneyland.

Then next summer, for part 2 of our honeymoon, we are heading to Paris, then a stop at Disneyland Paris, and then London.

When I went to Disneyland I noticed that, while I really liked it, it was not like the Magic Kingdom for me. This is possibly because I have been going and growing with the MK since I was 12. I would probably feel the same going to Disney Paris or Tokyo Disney. I never went to a D23 Expo. I have not joined D23, although I almost did last week, but I read mixed reviews. Part of the reason I would not go to D23 expos is because I am an introvert, so crowds don't appeal to me, but also because my work forces me to be public and be around a lot of people at any given time, so that uses up my 'being around a lot of people' quota.
:eeyore:
I understand that. I was very wary about liking Disneyland before I went, because I also grew up going to WDW. But I really loved it and its differences. I love both just as much now as each has its charms. The D23 expo was super cool - I was alone as well, I wouldn't say I'm an introvert but I just mustered some courage and simply started talking to people around me in the lines. I made friends, and it was an amazing feeling. If you get tired of people maybe that could tire you, but even though you're around people, you're not forced to interact so it's just like being in the parks alone - if I can do it there, you can do it at the expo :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!