Any COUPLES who are Disney Fans!?

My husband and I are big Disney fans. We actually do a vlog about Disney! We got married in 2013 (having to travel 11 hours to do so, since it wasn't legal in our state then) and had planned on a Disney honeymoon. My job changed and we weren't able to do so. Unfortunately, we had to keep putting it off.

Until this year. In 35 days (!!!!) we arrive at WDW for an 8-day trip. We're staying at All-Star Sports. This year, we've put off celebrating our birthdays, and our 3-year anniversary to celebrate with Mickey and the gang. It's our first trip to WDW together.

We are the ever-adventurous ones...and within a year, we plan on moving to Orlando...and hopefully get jobs at Disney. :)

I like how he hated Disney to now having an annual pass....haha
Lucky him. If only my partner would make such a transition! I keep saying, "You can still come with me." He is not swayed. Since I am going in a few days, I doubt it is happening at this point.

My fiance went from being so disinterested in going, to demanding we go for part of our honeymoon :goodvibes

I wish! Mine is French-Canadian, so between his French and his Irish, there is absolutely no convincing him -- and I am half Italian, you'd think I'd manage to convince anyone of anything. He went twice (once to DW and once to DL) and now would rather have a root canal without Novocaine than go back to Disney. :guilty:

I wish! Mine is French-Canadian, so between his French and his Irish, there is absolutely no convincing him -- and I am half Italian, you'd think I'd manage to convince anyone of anything. He went twice (once to DW and once to DL) and now would rather have a root canal without Novocaine than go back to Disney. :guilty:

Ouch, this post hurts my heart! lol

Ouch, this post hurts my heart! lol

Imagine how I feel! LOL. I can't say he 'hates' Disney, but it is just not his thing and is also very encouraging of my going alone. In fact, when news came out that Disney was pulling the Main Street Electrical Parade fro the MK just before my going, my partner was genuinely sad for me. I think he was more disappointed than I was...and I was pretty disappointed. He got to experience the parade back in 2011 and to this day says it was the highlight of his visit to the MK. I even caught him in the kitchen, playing the MSEP song on our Amazon ECHO! He did like EPCOT better, especially the France Pavilion. He was OK with Canada, but he tends to avoid his people when he can. LOL.

But I still try to get him to come with me. Even yesterday I said, "You know, you can still come with me. We just get park tickets for you and you're set." His reply: "NO."
:eeyore:

I'd think the French/Irish part of him would enjoy the Food and Wine festival...

Couple here from Puerto Rico, love and still cry with the Magic Kingdom rope down show. Been there a lot together and planning our next one to celebrate his birthday in June!

Damn, I haven't been here in years. Glad it still exists. My husband and I are Disney soulmates. We both can't believe we each met someone with the same love of all things Disney, especially Disneyland. We're both obsessed with DLR, WDW, our DVC at GCV, DCL cruises, collecting ear hats, pins, mugs, tshirts and tons of vintage Disneyland items.

We got married at Disneyland in the Rose Garden and had a full on Disneyland Fairytale wedding, complete with Cinderella's Coach and even made it snow at the wedding! Heading back there in 7 days for our 2 year anniversary (11 years together) and having dinner at Club 33 and drinks at the lounge and possibly a VIP tour. So much to see and do this coming trip!

My partner and I are big Disney World fans. I have been one since I was very small, and my partner only after our first trip there in June 2014.

Basically, growing up my family vacationed at WDW every year. My partner had never been before we were together. Long story short, I got into medical school after working for years as a teacher, and to celebrate this my partner suggested we go on a trip to anywhere I wanted. I quickly said Disney, since I hadn't been since my mother and I went in 2007 (4 years before my partner and I met, 8 years before our first trip). I had always talked about how much I loved all the times I spent there growing up, but I could tell he was incredulous about the whole thing.

The days grew closer to the trip and I became more and more excited. My partner feigned some eagerness, but he was mostly happy because I was happy. It wasn't until we walked off the Magical Express and into the lobby of our resort, the Wilderness Lodge, that I saw the wonders of Disney hit him. He's a HUGE fan of architecture, horticulture, and anything technical. Needless to say, he realized quickly that WDW would be right up his alley. He loves that you can go through parts of the parks multiple times and still find new things to inspect.

It was such an amazing trip, so he was easily converted into a fanatic. We returned quickly for a second trip in May 2015. I'll have a couple of weeks off before I start my third year, so we are itching to get back because we have gone too long without a ride through the Haunted Mansion.

We absolutely love all the campiness involved at WDW, and the choruses of the Enchanted Tiki Room and Carousel of Progress are common refrains in our house when things get too quiet.

My partner, Ryan, and I. I was a DLR vet and occasional AP for years. Several years ago, Ryan was weight-shamed by a ride operator at Six Flags Great America near us in Chicago. I put my foot down and said we were only going to Disney from then on. He had never been, and fell in love with DLR. We were DLR APs for a while. Visited WDW in spring 2013 but didn't prefer it. Then last year we visited WDW again, fell for it, and decided to be WDW APs instead. I'm the commando, open-to-close, parks fanatic. He's the "I'll call you from the pool bar" resort mouse. I taught him to love the parks. He taught me to love the pools. We're both in love with CSR. And I'm the rare DL vet who just falls madly, hard-core in love with MK, instead. We live in Chicago but eventually may move to NYC where my family is. Ryan refuses to move anywhere west because he never wants longer than a two-hour flight to WDW. How could you not be in love with a man who tells you that?

DH and I spent our honeymoon at WDW April16 and I had to beg to get him to agree to "such a childish " place. Yea whatever. He had to take his sister in Sept and is a ap holder now with 4 trips planned this year. DH is still in the explore everything bouncy tigger mode. I after living in orlando 3 years during my Navy years am a little more laid back. Go have my fun in the parks, hit the pool and close out the evening at one of the local restaurants that friends are playing at.

Up until 1.5 years ago, I had never been to Florida, let alone Disney. My DH took me for the first time and I fell in love.

Now I'm an Platinum Plus Annual Passholder. Last year we went 10 out of 12 months (companion pass on SWA makes flights cheap).

Also now been to Disneyland 3 times, DVC since Jan16, run 5 runDisney races (2 more planned), Dream last fall and now Fantasy in May with two more World trips before then! What did he turn me in to? Lol

Oh! And Aulani in Jan18!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!