Any crew from Latvia on Magic?

Mom23chicklets

Earning My Ears
We are bringing our babysitter with us on the Magic. She is year only one year and we really wanted her to be able to experience a Disney cruise. She is from Latvia, and it would be great if there was someone on the ship from her home country. I tried calling DCL but as nice as they were, I was told that they cannot access personnel files so there's no way to tell if any crew member is Latvian.

Have any of you who have cruised before remember meeting any crew member from either Latvia, Estonia, or Lithuania? If so, please let me know and if you remember their names and what job they have. Thanks!

I would not be surprised if there were crew from the aforementioned countries. Disney hires quite a diverse crew!!

MJ

I know there was at least one crew member from Estonia on our last cruise (12/1 Magic). She was serving drinks at the Caribbean deck party on Tuesday night, and we were in her section. I can't remember her name, though. I thought I remembered someone from Latvia, but I'm not positive. I tend to look at the crew member's home country when I meet them, so there's probably a good chance of this, but I can't be positive. I am positive about the Estonia crew member, though.

We sailed 12/21 on the Magic and I can't specifically tell you there were any crew from the countries you mentioned but I am sure once you board your dining servers or room steward could help answer the questions for you. My son spent a year in Croatia and our servers were both from Croatia! They really enjoy someone who can speak to them in their native language.

Tom and Darko from Croatia were the best servers! And the Croatian connection that Gail mentioned made it extra special.

On the Magic, I also got to meet Anastasia from Vilnius Lithuania, as well Lily from Croatia - both were room stewards on deck 8. Not for our room - but very friendly and talkative. We had been in Lithuania a few years earlier, and I got the idea from Anastasia that the Baltic countries were well represented on board.

Disney manages to have the friendliest and hardworking staff - they really enjoy meeting people and sharing talk of their homeland. An extra bonus of the cruise.

Suzanne:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter