Any DISers from Wisconsin?

Just found this also. I went to High School in Wauwatosa then moved to Oconomowoc. Now we live in Juneau WI.

Just moved to Madison in June. :wave2: Was born and raised in Hawaii and hubby is from the Philly area. Enjoying the family friendly town but not digging all the snow, driveway shoveling, car sliding and dangerous drivers. We're really looking forward to spring so the kids can go out and play in the backyard in their shorts and slippers again.

We live about half an hour northwest of Madison. When the weather's decent, it's not a bad commute. When it is... well, I'm glad I can work from home sometimes. This winter has been the WORST.

Not when you are flying down a hill ;)

Anyone ever been to Sunburst ski/snowboard/sledding hills?

I think it is in Kewaskum?

Going there this Sunday...that is, if it doesn't rain. :rolleyes:

I'm between Manitowoc and Appleton. :)

I have relatives a couple miles out of Wauwatosa... I saw someone was from Manitowoc, do they know where Chilton is? (more relatives ;))

Do you live in Chilton? I live about 10 miles directly north of there! :goodvibes

I just heard something interesting on the news just now....apparently Johnny Depp will be shooting a movie here in WI in the near future. They didn't say when or where exactly, but they said that Baraboo, Richland Center, and Oshkosh could be in the mix.
Those new tax incentives could lure a lot more producers to shoot movies here, bringing in a lot of new income to the state.

An article that I read earlier in one of the student newspapers on campus said that Johnny Depp would be starring as a bank robber in this movie.

He's playing John Dillinger. :)

Okay, I'll shut up now and let someone else talk. :rotfl:

Hi, Im from Chicago but spent time at my relatives east of Rhinelander. I saw that the Dillenger movie has been confirmed with the approval of state tax credits. The Forest Republican has a couple of stories about people around Rhinelander being asked questions about the 30s. I bet the folks there would love having JD in the area.

Hi, Im from Chicago but spent time at my relatives east of Rhinelander. I saw that the Dillenger movie has been confirmed with the approval of state tax credits. The Forest Republican has a couple of stories about people around Rhinelander being asked questions about the 30s. I bet the folks there would love having JD in the area.

My mom lives in Rhinelander. I'll have to ask if she's heard anything about this!

So Brett Favre officially retires.

Anyone else in denial?:laughing: :sad2:

Did you see his news conference at noon? No one asked him what he was going to do after retirement. Some bozo from FOX news wanted to ask Deanna a question. Brett looked at her and he said, "he promised her she didn't have to talk". But she did and she said, her and brett will continue their charity work. Then Brett piped in and said, they will though take a whole year off from everything. After that she got up.

The first 15 minutes were tough, he was crying and he was making grown men cry. Hate the feelin.

I am right across the Superior WI bridge, in Duluth, MN. Is there anyone that can tell me about Eau Claire? I've only been there once but I liked it. We might go there again this summer as a "mini vacation". is this a bad idea? ROTFL!!!

What is the town like for mini-vacations?

Cool, I did not know you were in Duluth. I'm an hour north of you.......mini DIS meet in Duluth some day? We could invite those Wisconsiners, you know the ones who's thread we're posting on? ;)

Did you see his news conference at noon? No one asked him what he was going to do after retirement. Some bozo from FOX news wanted to ask Deanna a question. Brett looked at her and he said, "he promised her she didn't have to talk". But she did and she said, her and brett will continue their charity work. Then Brett piped in and said, they will though take a whole year off from everything. After that she got up.

The first 15 minutes were tough, he was crying and he was making grown men cry. Hate the feelin.
Missed it, I hope I can see it though :)

Anyway, 40's on Monday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!