Any downside to this plan?

Butterfly123

DIS Veteran
I’m planning to purchase tickets for five us for our July 2020 trip this week. I will getting 5 day hoppers with MaxPass, and the best price I see is at Get Away Today for $440, a tiny bit (less than a dollar) less than UCT. We have purchased from GAT before. The good thing about buying from them is that with the $25 dollar peace of mind insurance that covers the entire purchase, if we need to cancel we get our money back. They will also price match if I can find a lower rate before our trip. I’m trying to get ahead of any price increases from Disney, and also get them before our normal upcoming holiday expenses.

I don’t think I’m missing anything, but can anyone see a downside to purchasing now?

As long as the tickets will be good through your trip and you have the money available now, I think it's a smart idea.

Before you jump, check with your employer to see if they participate in the TicketsatWork program. We got a pretty good rate due to a conference I was attending, but one of my friends used TicketsatWork and the rate was just as good without some of the limits we had on our purchasing in advance. The prices we had beat any deals from GAT and others.

Before you jump, check with your employer to see if they participate in the TicketsatWork program. We got a pretty good rate due to a conference I was attending, but one of my friends used TicketsatWork and the rate was just as good without some of the limits we had on our purchasing in advance. The prices we had beat any deals from GAT and others.

I just checked their site as well and with “taxes and fees” the price was only $40 cheaper than the DL site, unless I am missing a login prompt that would adjust the prices.

@Absinthe my understanding is that you do need to have a login for the rates. But I've not personally used them myself just a friend that has the benefit at work and did use them.

Seem like a great plan to me. I've used Getawaytoday for DL vacations years ago and had nothing but good experiences with them.

I think it’s a smart idea, I always use them for this reason and we’ve often had to change our plans since I always book far out.

I just read recently (maybe on a other forum here... I can't recall) "ticket prices never go DOWN". If it were me, I'd go ahead and purchase. You may be able to save a few more bucks (thinking, if Last Minute Travel Club opens back up with tickets) but it would only be a FEW dollars. Buy 'em and relax...and then you can focus 100% of your attention on anticipating your trip!

I just read recently (maybe on a other forum here... I can't recall) "ticket prices never go DOWN". If it were me, I'd go ahead and purchase. You may be able to save a few more bucks (thinking, if Last Minute Travel Club opens back up with tickets) but it would only be a FEW dollars. Buy 'em and relax...and then you can focus 100% of your attention on anticipating your trip!
Actually, sometimes ticket prices do go down. I bought tickets in 2018 for a trip in spring of 2019. The very next day the spring promo ticket was announced! My tickets would have been much cheaper had I waited to buy them. It all worked out and we ended up adding a day for only $10, but we didn't know if it would all work out until we got to the ticket booth. We had to rearrange our hotel dates to add that day, and I had several sleepless night wondering if it would all work out and fit in my budget.

I've always purchased well in advance, and probably will continue to do so, but that experience taught me that, yes, there is some risk in buying ahead of time. It isn't true that prices never go down.

Actually, sometimes ticket prices do go down. I bought tickets in 2018 for a trip in spring of 2019. The very next day the spring promo ticket was announced! My tickets would have been much cheaper had I waited to buy them. It all worked out and we ended up adding a day for only $10, but we didn't know if it would all work out until we got to the ticket booth. We had to rearrange our hotel dates to add that day, and I had several sleepless night wondering if it would all work out and fit in my budget.

I've always purchased well in advance, and probably will continue to do so, but that experience taught me that, yes, there is some risk in buying ahead of time. It isn't true that prices never go down.
The fortunate thing is if I spend $25 on insurance, they will price match if the prices drop. So as long as the prices drop more than $25, I make out ahead. The $25 is worth it to me when planning this far ahead anyway, because I’ve had the experience of having to cancel a trip before.
I’m glad your ticket experience worked out! Disney is not an inexpensive vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!