• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any DVCer have a good Olivia's Experience lately?

Chuck S

DVC Co-Moderator
Super Moderator
We just returned from two weeks at OKW. Outside of burgers, the food we were served at Olivia's was awful. We ate there on three occasions during the trip. The first time I had a burger, Mom had a grilled chicken salad. The chicken was so over seasoned, all she could taste was spices. The next time, we both had burgers, and they were fine. The last time, we both had soup, salad, and sandwiches. The salad was fine. The soup was a chicken and rice with lemon pepper...all we could taste was lemon and pepper...the chicken was just chunks in the brine. The sandwich was a tune salad sandwich. I didn't know anyone could screw up a can of albacore. It was like eating salt paste. Our experiences over the years at Olivia's have ranged from OK to excellent, but this was the worst...what is this chef thinking? It is a shame, because the service is always friendly, and many of the servers have been at OKW since the resort opened, often recognizing returning members. I hope they get a better chef before our next visit in January 2002. It was always one of our first stops on property.

We had our first trip "home" in May. One evening we decided to try Olivia's. It was our most disappointing meal of the trip. The food was poor at best. The service was a notch lower. It was a very slow evening (fire smoke everywhere), we expected a typical great Disney dining experience - it took 15 minutes to get icewater and the waiter couldn't care less. There were probably only about 6 or 7 tables occupied at the time. Everything was a hassle - wrong dish delivered, shrimp not cooked, etc. But we never give up on a restaurant after one visit, we'll try again when we return to make sure the visit wasn't a fluke. BTW, the manager was aware we were having a bad experience (although we hadn't really complained) and actually avoided walking by our table. But, when we made it back to our OKW 1BR - all was fine again!!!!
I would rate Olivia's 2/5 stars at best based on our first visit. Hopefully next time will prove much better.

We were at OKW in May and enjoyed Olivia's we ate there several times. The service was excellent and food was very good. Sometimes I think people expect to much from Disney and it's food.

We ate a few meals at Olivia's last month & had no problems. We met some friends for breakfast on a non-character day. The food & service were both very good. We were able to just sit & catch up with our friends. Another day we ate a late lunch with another friend & everything was very good again. And again we sat around after eating to just catch up & chat. I wonder sometimes what people expect. Oh and CMs at Olivia's had lanyards for pin trading!!

We were there in May and ate at Oliva's twice and stopped in one night just for Key Lime pie. Olivia's was my husbands favorite meal. We had eaten there once when we were there in Dec. last year and he had the buttermilk chicken and loved it. He could hardly wait to go there again this trip so he could order it again. He said it was great! I usually get the soup, salad, and half sandwich and it is usually pretty good. I also had the chicken pot pie, and I liked it but I am not sure I would order it again. Everyone likes different things and have different tastes. I guess that's what makes the world go round!

We dined at Olivia's twice during our stay in May also and enjoyed both meals.

I usually order the Mahi-Mahi and it was excellent again this trip.

There have been times when the place is very busy, with many families and other times when it is much slower, but we always enjoy the casual ambiance and the friendly efficency offered by the servers.

We were also at OKW in May and ate at Olivia's twice...once for dinner and another time for a character breakfast. We were very pleased with the food quality and the level of service.

As with any place, I suppose individual expectations and experiences are going to differ.

Back home, it seems like all of the restaurants we frequent keep seeing a decline in food quality and service. We always joke that the employment pool must be getting shallower and shallower despite this bad economy we keep hearing about.

I guess compared to what we get back home, it doesn't exactly take 5 star service to please us. We are happy with 3 stars!!!

DS and I ate there back in January. It was a fairly late meal - about 8 PM we had just arrived. We both had pasta dishes, mine was veg and his was with shrimp. We both thought they were excellent (and I'm a pretty experienced cook with pasta, so we're fussy). DS also had a great key lime for dessert. The waiter was extremely friendly and helpful, service excellent. We took the leftovers back to the room and lunched on them the next day.

We plan on making Olivia's a regular stop.

Lunch bout a month ago--it was great. The service was great, the carafes of drinks were welcomed by my girlfriend and I...

All in all, we liked it so much that on another day we did it again!

Nick

We ate there the beginning of this month. Our waiter, Katoe was fantastic! He knew absolutely every answer to every question we had about the various meals.

I had the Mahi-Mahi which was wonderful. My DH and I split the mozarella salad which was very tasty. I forget exactly what my DH had but it was suggested by Katoe and he ate every last drop!!

The girls had Goofy pasta (shaped like the mouse himself) and the serving was plentiful! We had alot left over.

The restaurant was only a little more than half full and we enjoyed our dining experience. We didn't feel rushed and it was quiet! WE'd go back and will go back in about 32 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter