Any experience with bloodwork appreciated

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
Had mine done on Friday and still no word from the doctor I have a appointment on the 17th but that seems like a long time to wait if something is wrong to find out about it

But my guess is if something was wrong they would have called by now right they would not leave me hanging till the 17th

They would call you if anything was alarming. Does your dr. have a patient portal where you can log in and see test results? You could always call and ask if everything came back okay.

If its an urgent concern they call right away. but i will caution i gave 4 vile of blood a week before physical, the doctor looked at them and examined me and said i was in good shape, then i showed her a small bump,I find out have stage 4 cancer, so when it comes to health there is no for sure

If its an urgent concern they call right away. but i will caution i gave 4 vile of blood a week before physical, the doctor looked at them and examined me and said i was in good shape, then i showed her a small bump,I find out have stage 4 cancer, so when it comes to health there is no for sure

I am sorry low key

There is nothing for me to log into that I know of

Are you okay now?

They would call you if anything was alarming. Does your dr. have a patient portal where you can log in and see test results? You could always call and ask if everything came back okay.

Make sure the doctor got the report. Couple years ago I was vacationing in florida and the doctor wanted me to take a blood test. The lab never sent the report. I found that out when I checked with

The Medical Group that my Doctor and my lab are part of put everything online. I have the results just as soon as my Doctor which usually is no more than 6 hours after the blood is drawn.

My doctor and I have a 'no news is good news' type of relationship, and then when I see her next she prints out any reports that I might be interested in, if it were something serious she would call me right away.

Honestly, if you are concerned give them a call to check on the results. When I had tests done last month they made sure to tell me if I didn't hear back from them to call for the results.

I always get my blood work 1 week prior to a regularly scheduled appointment and then wait for the appointment to find out the results.
If I were getting the blood work over a month prior to the appointment I'd be calling them within 1 week to find out if everything was normal or walking in and asking for a copy of it so I could go over it myself.
I would say that most would call you if there was a problem although who knows if its actually getting a look over or not. I never trust them lol.

Some of the delay may be due to the type of test being done. There are some tests that take longer than others.

Having said that, it has been my experience that they will call you if there's an issue. But you can ALWAYS give them a call during office hours and request your test results. It's very possible that even then they will have to call you back with the information, but if it gives you peace of mind it's perfectly fine to do that.

I generally get the results within a day or two, they usually call me. Now I can see the results on-line too.

If your doctor's office hasn't called you, and you want to know, go ahead and call them. They will either give you the results or let you know they don't have them back yet.

Tmi warning I have been very emotional and hungry and their is no explanation it not time for my friend and craving stuff I don’t normally eat just weird a d frustrating

The doctor I work with usually only calls if there is something abnormal with the results; especially if the patient already has an appointment on the books.

Also it depends on what blood work was drawn. Some have to be sent out to a separate lab which can take up to weeks to get back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!