Any experience with DVC resale market?

RamblinWreck

DIS Veteran
They seek to have significantly more listings than anyone else, but I’m starting to get the impression that many of them aren’t real.

I have made a few offers on their site over the last couple of days, on contracts that have been sitting on their site for multiple weeks. Every time (I’ve worked with different individuals at DVC resale market for each one) I’m told that someone else made an offer the same day that I did and that I should submit my highest and best offer for the seller to choose from. Then I get outbid on the contract by just a dollar two per point. Then they send me a list of other available contracts that night interest me (which is a much smaller list than what they are showing on the site). What a coincidence!

Anyone know anything about them? Should I just stay away?

I’ve bought 2 contracts through them. I never experienced anything like what you’re describing. I have one agent at DVCRM I prefer over some of the others there. PM me if you would like the name.

I bought my AKV contract from them and everything was very smooth. I'd buy from them again without hesitation. They had great communication and seemed very knowledgeable. Its also possible that this is prime DVC season since summer vacations are on peoples mind along with the opening of Starwars.

Positive experience here. Got an alert about the contract from their app and submitted an offer immediately. Less than 15 minutes later I got a call and we finalized the deal with the seller in probably an hour or so.

My advice, stop trying to save a dollar or two on a contract. If one comes up that works for you and has the points you want, submit a full price offer which takes the contract off the market.

Inventory moves fast, especially for certain resorts. Gotta be quick. I missed a couple contracts before I finally got mine because I wasn't fast enough.

I’ve bought 2 contracts through them. I never experienced anything like what you’re describing. I have one agent at DVCRM I prefer over some of the others there. PM me if you would like the name.
Hmm

Maybe there’s someone else just trying to buy a bunch of April VGF contracts at the same time and happened to be putting in offers the same day as me.

I’d get all available apps for the resale companies. I think there are only 2 right now. Good luck!!! :)

Hmm

Maybe there’s someone else just trying to buy a bunch of April VGF contracts at the same time and happened to be putting in offers the same day as me.

I'd be a bit suspicious too if that happened a couple of times. I've seen the April VGF contracts there for awhile.

They do seem to have become the biggest game in town though. I made one offer to them and did not see the email counter offer back for a couple of hours. By the time I saw it and then immediately responded they had sold it to someone else so I didn't consider it the best experience.

Hmm

I saw two Feb UY which is what I need posted yesterday and I believe they are already gone. I learned sometimes the minute one posts, people scoop them up.

My experience with them was a positive one. Had an offer accepted within an hour in March and the contract officially closed last week.
I’ve had similar issues like you describe with two other brokers. There were multiple bidders and I was outbid when I offered less than asking price. Two of the three I “lost” have shown up in the ROFR thread here. Other Disboard posters got them. So I suspect a lot of the listings are legit.
However, I do wish all the brokers would delete their stale pending listings. It clutters the sites. I get that it’s a marketing tool, but enough already.

Last edited:
My experience with them was a positive one. Had an offer accepted within an hour in March and the contract officially closed last week and is now on the Orange County comptroller site.
I’ve had similar issues like you describe with two other brokers. There were multiple bidders and I was outbid when I offered less than asking price. Two of the three I “lost” have shown up in the ROFR thread here. Other Disboard posters got them. So I suspect a lot of the listings are legit.
However, I do wish all the brokers would delete their stale pending listings. It clutters the sites. I get that it’s a marketing tool, but enough already.

On DVC Resale Market you can check the box to display active listings only. Probably should be the default setting, but it's the first thing I do always.

Last edited:
I’ve bought through them with no issues. Like everyone says the minute you see the one you are looking for act fast. I had two or three slip through my fingers within them being posted. As soon as I saw another August use year I offered the asking price and had it done within an hour.

I've purchased recently from them. What I was told was when sellers list with them a requirement is the offer is accepted if full ask comes in. With that said I had no problem at all with my purchase, I did offer full ask so I didn't lose out on the contract that fit most of my wants. Therefore I didn't even wait for the seller before they listed it as sale pending.

I have had better success with all DVC resale agencies (at least 4 different companies now; I didn't buy from all of them) by calling them rather than doing anything through the website. I know that's an option with most of them, but I think you get better responses and better service, and people take you more seriously, when you're willing to pick up the phone and call. After buying 3 resale contracts and making offers on several more, I now have preferred people I will call rather than take my chances through a live chat or email or site interface.

I had an extremely positive experience with DVC Resale Market last spring :goodvibes I offered $3 less than asking and it was accepted quickly :cool1: Communication was excellent, ROFR was passed and the closing was smooth and easy :woohoo:I found them to take a real personal interest in me and my purchase and I liked that touch :dogdance:

Positive experience for me. We bought just before the restrictions and they talked us out of a contract that had seller issues (contentious divorce) and helped us set on a price that would pass ROFR. The first offer we put in (did it on-line; calling them is a much better option) would likely have been taken through ROFR or not gone through in time.

I tried to buy my first contract from them. Offer accepted. The next day the agent called me and said the seller decided last minute that she wanted the 2 points available (all that was left on use year). I felt that was wrong because we already agreed on a sale. The agent got a little nasty with me when I didn't agree to give the seller the 2 points. Sale fell through..... I think this incident was on the rare side though.... found a better contract through a different site.

I’ve had a positive experience with DVC Resale Market so far. Presented my offer online that was $4/pp under asking price for Poly at about 9:30am PST. Got an e-mail immediately from the broker that she would present my offer to the seller. By 12:30pm the broker let me know that the offer was accepted by the seller. I got the contract and questionnaire a few days later. I signed everything and submitted our deposit the next day (which was a Saturday). By Tuesday I got notice that everything was submitted to Disney for ROFR review.

It’s been a week since then but so far everything has been smooth.

I have purchased all of my resale contracts through them, and have never experienced anything like you describe. I have also attempted to purchase through Fidelity, and that is a different story all together. One, that I will avoid fidelity now no matter how low the price is. It's not worth it. But that's not what you asked. 2 of the contracts I have purchased with DVC Resale Market have been APR VGF contracts, with one of the them pending right now. Both contracts I threw out low ball offers expecting a counter and they were both immediately accepted without a counter. So, maybe you really are just unlucky in the ones that you are bidding on. I have always used the online offer tool. I also have only dealt with one agent there (you can select a preferred agent in the offer form), as she did my first contract with good customer service, so I like to give her repeat business. So it could also be the agent you are dealing with.

I bought from them, no issues everything was great. Contracts under contract are grayed out. Good luck. VGF is HOT.
Good to know!

The only reason it was seeming particularly suspicious is because a couple of these listings had been out there for a couple of weeks according to the site. One was even tagged as "REDUCED!"

My theory is that there just happened to be someone looking to buy up the exact same kind of contracts that I was looking at. They were all April UY 100 point contracts, and there were about 5 or 6 of those exact sized/UY/resort contracts still available a couple of days ago. Now there's 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter