Any experience with DVC resale market?

I have purchased all of my resale contracts through them, and have never experienced anything like you describe. I have also attempted to purchase through Fidelity, and that is a different story all together. One, that I will avoid fidelity now no matter how low the price is. It's not worth it. But that's not what you asked. 2 of the contracts I have purchased with DVC Resale Market have been APR VGF contracts, with one of the them pending right now. Both contracts I threw out low ball offers expecting a counter and they were both immediately accepted without a counter. So, maybe you really are just unlucky in the ones that you are bidding on. I have always used the online offer tool. I also have only dealt with one agent there (you can select a preferred agent in the offer form), as she did my first contract with good customer service, so I like to give her repeat business. So it could also be the agent you are dealing with.
Just as a point of reference, when you say "low ball", how low compared to the asking price were you going?

Just as a point of reference, when you say "low ball", how low compared to the asking price were you going?

I can speak to this. I low balled $20 less per point fully expecting a counter - and they accepted... They took two days to respond but my agent emailed me multiple times to let me know he was waiting on them. He also said he would present my offer but he highly suspected they might not even counter. Which I said I understood. And now I'm waiting in ROFR forever.

I’ve gotten great deals on some resale contracts and paid “market rate” on others. It used to be that you could sneak a great deal through if it didn’t match the unit or UY they wanted for a particular resort. With the new flexible UY method, this isn’t the case as much for resorts they’re targeting. :(

DVCRM typically has higher priced listings than a lot of the other brokers. If you see one that is listed fairly with them, and you don’t feel like rolling the dice with ROFR, then I’d buy it at asking. If you’re trying to get the best deal, offer less, and see what happens. However, you have to understand that one aspect of ROFR is getting buyers to negotiate for Disney for free, and then they swoop in and take it. I’ve had many taken via ROFR. With how long they’re taking now to let people know they’ll be exercising ROFR, that may or may not change your desire to “get a good deal”. It’s really up to you.

Also - as soon as one is marked "reduced" there is usually a lot of activity on it; you should assume that there are lots of people watching for contracts in their UY and waiting to see if it sits on the market and gets reduced soon. If it's a significant reduction, it will get an offer in minutes from someone like me, who gets notifications from the app.

Good to know!

The only reason it was seeming particularly suspicious is because a couple of these listings had been out there for a couple of weeks according to the site. One was even tagged as "REDUCED!"

My theory is that there just happened to be someone looking to buy up the exact same kind of contracts that I was looking at. They were all April UY 100 point contracts, and there were about 5 or 6 of those exact sized/UY/resort contracts still available a couple of days ago. Now there's 1.
Like Texas Chick said they are usually the highest per point, so usually you can offer lower and they accept. When I bought mine from them others were selling same contracts for 5-7 less per point, but DVC was taking a few, even at what we paid. They took one exactly like ours a week before ours past, but most were at lower prices. We wish we bought more back then. ROFR can’t go fast enough.

I can't remember the specific details on the first one, but I think it was listed at $180 or high $170's. I offered $148. The second one was listed at $170 and I offered $150. The first time I did it, I spoke to one of the brokers because mine was out (I really just wanted to make sure they received the offer), and she kind of scolded me a little because she thought it was too low and they would likely counter or just decline all together. I said fine and asked them to present the offer. My broker called me back the next day saying it was accepted. The second time I just submitted online and then a couple days later got an email from the broker saying it was accepted.

I think it is just bad timing with DVC Resale Market. Someone on another thread mentioned that they were currently purchasing 4 100 point VGF contracts. Chances are some of those are the same ones you were trying to purchase.

We were outbid on a BCV contract in the fall listed with DVC Resale Market. When I spoke with the broker later he said if I had offered the asking price originally then we would have gotten the contract. By trying to save a few dollars I lost out on a fully loaded contract.

Currently there is one 100 point April UY listed with DVC Resale Market which has an international seller. If I were buying now I would make an offer for this contract either offering a lower price or pay their asking price. It seems that the contracts with international sellers are not being taken by DVC. There are also two contracts listed with www.**********.com and one with www.dvcbyresale.com which fit your criteria. I cannot speak for the first company but I can highly recommend DVC By Resale. We purchased our contract with them and the process was very quick and efficient and there was great communication from the broker and the title company.

Good luck with your quest. We will be looking for a December UY VGF contract in the fall.

I think it is just bad timing with DVC Resale Market. Someone on another thread mentioned that they were currently purchasing 4 100 point VGF contracts. Chances are some of those are the same ones you were trying to purchase.

We were outbid on a BCV contract in the fall listed with DVC Resale Market. When I spoke with the broker later he said if I had offered the asking price originally then we would have gotten the contract. By trying to save a few dollars I lost out on a fully loaded contract.

Currently there is one 100 point April UY listed with DVC Resale Market which has an international seller. If I were buying now I would make an offer for this contract either offering a lower price or pay their asking price. It seems that the contracts with international sellers are not being taken by DVC. There are also two contracts listed with www.**********.com and one with www.dvcbyresale.com which fit your criteria. I cannot speak for the first company but I can highly recommend DVC By Resale. We purchased our contract with them and the process was very quick and efficient and there was great communication from the broker and the title company.

Good luck with your quest. We will be looking for a December UY VGF contract in the fall.
I saw that same person’s post! I think you might be right.

Good to know!

The only reason it was seeming particularly suspicious is because a couple of these listings had been out there for a couple of weeks according to the site. One was even tagged as "REDUCED!"

My theory is that there just happened to be someone looking to buy up the exact same kind of contracts that I was looking at. They were all April UY 100 point contracts, and there were about 5 or 6 of those exact sized/UY/resort contracts still available a couple of days ago. Now there's 1.

Well, if it went from available to sale pending, than somebody else was also purchasing and got the contract instead of you. I for one, don't like bidding wars, and will just walk away and wait for another contact. Eventually the other buyers will brought all they want. I like to just negotiate with the seller only, not do a 2nd offer just because there is another buyer.

Great3

We went through DVCRM last spring and it was a great experience. I was really nervous putting in my first offer on a DVC. Remember putting it in on a Friday night and by lunchtime the following day, the seller had accepted. That included a full round of counter offers!

Communication was fantastic, and responded quickly when 20 days had passed and I didn't have any input on ROFR. They just told me to hang it there. I want to say it took 24 days or thereabouts.

Would definitely work with DVCRM again!

Can someone explain what the issue is with Fidelity? They have some very attractively price contracts. I'm wondering if some of the problems that I've seen come up in other threads could be addressed by having a different title company instead of First American.

Can someone explain what the issue is with Fidelity? They have some very attractively price contracts. I'm wondering if some of the problems that I've seen come up in other threads could be addressed by having a different title company instead of First American.

Add on a $200 service fee charged to the buyer... Its nominal but it still counts... And no other broker that I've seen does this.

We recently sold two contracts with DVCResale. I thought their agents were terrific. We ran into some issues with the settlement company and the owner got involved right away to resolve it. They were very responsive and we were pleased with the communication and the execution.

I offered on the VGF April contracts with DVCRM.... They were all around $166-170, I looked to shave about $6 off (kinda covering the closing) and was told they all wanted full asking. Very disappointed to find out a month later they were willing to settle for less.

I offered on the VGF April contracts with DVCRM.... They were all around $166-170, I looked to shave about $6 off (kinda covering the closing) and was told they all wanted full asking. Very disappointed to find out a month later they were willing to settle for less.
I can tell you what 3 of them I bid on went for.

1 was fully loaded and went for $168/pt

1 was less loaded and went for $164/pt

1 was stripped of most 2019 points and went to me at $155

I had a similar experience in January when I was looking at BLT contracts to add on to my existing membership. The contracts at DVCRM were listed higher than other sites and one broker was a little pushy with me telling me that the sellers wouldn't go below list price. I ended up finding another better priced contract elsewhere before the resale rules changed. I'm pretty sure that the DVCRM contract was sold a month later at a price lower than list. That being said, I think there was a huge rush before the 1/19 rule change. Sellers were expecting top dollar offers and brokers had an unusually high workload. A broker can't force a seller to take an offer that's less than what the seller wants, and when I gave lower offers, they probably thought that it wasn't worth haggling when other people were looking to buy before 1/19. I don't have any hard feelings about being pushed to offer a higher price, especially since I was then able to move on and find a contract at better price elsewhere.

In addition to the $195 service fee @Katie L mentioned, Fidelity doesn't specialize in DVC - they have loads of other timeshare contracts. They are a bigger company with a separate contracts department from your broker. Unlike the smaller resale sites, they don't seem to work weekends or focus on a high level of customer service/communication. Everything seems to take a few extra days as well. For my February offer, after everything was signed by buyer and seller, it took another 5 days (3 business days) to go to Disney for ROFR. What I like about Fidelity are the prices and the digital contract signing. I have specified a different title company for my most recent offer since I'm not confident about First American.

In addition to the $195 service fee @Katie L mentioned, Fidelity doesn't specialize in DVC - they have loads of other timeshare contracts. They are a bigger company with a separate contracts department from your broker. Unlike the smaller resale sites, they don't seem to work weekends or focus on a high level of customer service/communication. Everything seems to take a few extra days as well. For my February offer, after everything was signed by buyer and seller, it took another 5 days (3 business days) to go to Disney for ROFR. What I like about Fidelity are the prices and the digital contract signing. I have specified a different title company for my most recent offer since I'm not confident about First American.

I have no experience with Fidelity, but I’ll note that DVCResale Market also does digital contract signing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter