Any feedback on EEMH at Hollywood Studios? 6am till 9am. What was your experience?

Stayed at Carribean Beach all week. Leaving today took the buses and did the extra magic hours. Buses and the app worked well. The app was always updating us when the buses were. Went to Battu on Saturday got in at 6:00 exactly no trouble. Went account on the 8th and got there at 5:50am and no issue. I rode the Falcon right away on the 6th. Moved my two appoints for Droid Depot and Savi's they were taking Walk-ins and so was Oga's. After personal emergency I wish I had gone during the extra magic hours.

We did it this morning and it was awesome. by 9am we had ridden every ride in the park. granted crowds were lower due to the recent hurricane. smugglers run waits stayed consistently 30min-1hr and we rode twice during the first hour. We showed up at 5am and were let into the gates/main holding area in front of chinese theatre at 5:20. At 6am they brought out storm troopers and they led us into star wars land with synchronized music. getting there by 5:30 will allow you to walk on smugglers run. afterwards they were taking walk up ressues for ogas and droid building and every other ride was 5-10 min wait until 9am. If you can stand getting up that early its well worth your time.

This was our experience as well, we did the same thing Tuesday Sept 3rd. Myself and my 3 boys. Rode Smuggler's Run within 20 mins. We had already spent time in GE the day before, and they had Droid Building Reservations later that morning so we went over to Toy Story Land and rode all 3 rides so many times I lost count. Excellent experience for us!

Is it maybe a better strategy to head to TSL at 6am and do those rides, then head to GE after? I am just thinking that most everyone who gets there at 6 is heading straight for GE :confused3
We are going to be there October 3rd and that's our strategy too!

Stayed at Carribean Beach all week. Leaving today took the buses and did the extra magic hours. Buses and the app worked well. The app was always updating us when the buses were. Went to Battu on Saturday got in at 6:00 exactly no trouble. Went account on the 8th and got there at 5:50am and no issue. I rode the Falcon right away on the 6th. Moved my two appoints for Droid Depot and Savi's they were taking Walk-ins and so was Oga's. After personal emergency I wish I had gone during the extra magic hours.

When you are saying the app for the buses are you talking about the Disney experience app?

When you are saying the app for the buses are you talking about the Disney experience app?
Yes I am. Internet at the resort was good.

Other parks kept dropping in and out. Epcot has the best connection only drop once I was there. I am also an opener and a closer. So I am there for extra magic hours and close the parks.

For those of you going to DHS at 6:00. How crowded is the 5:45-6:00 wait? Can we wait until 6:10 to arrive and still hit everything? Or is it important to be at the head of the pack for best benefit?

probably not the best example, because I was there on September 3, and the park was closing at 2 for Hurricane Dorian's visit. but it was practically empty before 9. I would say if you want to ride Slinky Dog, do that first, especially if you are willing to be a single rider on MF. Even with a short day, it did get a good bit more crowded when the general public came in.

may want to note that we walked through TSL first. TSL joins up with Galaxy's Edge, but there were cast members blocking the way to Galaxy's Edge because the TSL area was being used as an exit from GE only. Entrance was only being allowed through the Grand Avenue side, so we had to walk all the way around. Not sure if that was only for that day, or not.

Last edited:
For those of you going to DHS at 6:00. How crowded is the 5:45-6:00 wait? Can we wait until 6:10 to arrive and still hit everything? Or is it important to be at the head of the pack for best benefit?
I would say that when the lines are starting to get long. Everyone heads to MF first.

Can we wait until 6:10 to arrive and still hit everything?
If you are going in the next week or so that's a clear yes. To minimize waiting/walking, start with Slinky Dog (not Star Wars), then do the other 2 TSL rides, then Smugglers Run, then do the other 3 rides in whatever order you want - they have been walkons for all of EEMH so far (unless they had operational problems).

Attendance will pick up in late September with the normal seasonal trends as well as pulling in AP holders for the end of Illuminations, and October has become a pretty busy month under normal circumstances, so hard to predict that far out.

If you are going in the next week or so that's a clear yes. To minimize waiting/walking, start with Slinky Dog (not Star Wars), then do the other 2 TSL rides, then Smugglers Run, then do the other 3 rides in whatever order you want - they have been walkons for all of EEMH so far (unless they had operational problems).

Attendance will pick up in late September with the normal seasonal trends as well as pulling in AP holders for the end of Illuminations, and October has become a pretty busy month under normal circumstances, so hard to predict that far out.
That’s exactly what we’re doing. We’re coming in on the 26th for the end of Illuminations! We’re going to DHS on Friday to miss Saturday crowds. We will get there before 6:00 to be safe. Planning to come early and still until we’re pooped.

I’m going with my nephew next Saturday. We are at beach club, so transportation is not an issue. My plan is to be there between 5:30-5:45. Hit smugglers run, then TSL/other rides, then wander back into the area to look at all the stuff. I have Ogas at 9:40, droid building in the neighborhood of 10:30 (although we might just do that during EMH if the crowd is okay)
I took an unexpected day trip over opening weekend (Hurricane suppressed wait times, I couldn’t stay away!) and I’m glad I did. Can’t wait to go back, the kid is going to lose his miiiind.

That’s exactly what we’re doing. We’re coming in on the 26th for the end of Illuminations! We’re going to DHS on Friday to miss Saturday crowds. We will get there before 6:00 to be safe. Planning to come early and still until we’re pooped.

We are arriving the 25th and have the 26th and 29th as our EEMH DHS days. I also planned to avoid Saturday crowds but then following the app this morning, it showed the most consistently low waits across the board for the entire week. There's really no predicting anymore haha.

We didn’t do a true rope drop for it, as our bus didn’t arrive until 6am (September 9). We went to TSL and rode SDD 3 times, AS2 once, TSM twice, took a snack break, rode RnRx1 then ToTx1. At this point we headed over to GE. It was about 8:30 maybe (not sure exactly just a guess, definitely while EEMH still going). We got in line for MFSR and it was shorter than posted time (maybe 30 minutes, did not feel bad as line moved steadily).

We went back on Thursday (Sept 12). We slept in a bit and arrived around 7ish. Did SDD, TSMx2, snack break, RnR, ToT then headed to MFSR. It was about 8:40 when we entered queue and we walked off ride at 9, so it was definitely shorter than posted time by a lot.

We used EMH on Saturday, September 7. We caught a bus around 6:20 from Pop, since crowds had been so low and we needed the little extra sleep. We walked onto SD, then did MFSR twice, with about a 20 minute total wait each time. Ate breakfast, and then walked onto TSM, TT and RR (twice).

I asked my family to do this with me it was a resounding no :(

Thank god SR had short wait times for the day

Reading this, sounds like, for tomorrow 9/16, we should be golden to arrive by 8ish and just do RNRC and TOT.

So, we can do those 2 desired rides for her, then hop to MK and ride POC, SM....maybe a few others before we need to exit the parks by 2 to drive back to MCO.

Gee, if we have time, think I could get a decent parking spot for the World of Disney store?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts