Any free (or inexpensive) activities for DVCers?

SleepyatDVC

DIS Veteran
What are the activities available to DVC members at the different DVC resorts and their associated costs? Especially for the kids? The DVC website doesn't indicate which are free and which are pay.

Me? I'll just lounge around the pool and find out when I get there. But our guests want to know now!:rolleyes:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

19 more days 'til 1st trip this year!!!

My DS's 12 & 8 Loved Community Hall at BWV.
They didn't want to leave. They have crafts, ping pong, movies, video games, etc. It's right by the quiet pool so you could lounge while the kids play inside.
:p

Not a special perk or anything - but a couple mornings a week at 9AM, there is a guided tour around WL with a guide that walks you around the main building explaining the history and meaning of many of the architectural things.

It lasts about an hour. Nothing to do back flips and get majorly excited about - but it was free and interesting.

Also, with your DVC membership, you do get discounted rates at the miniature golf courses - I think 20% off.

They have tons of things to do especially at OKW. They have basketball courts, tennis courts, volley ball, pool, movie rentals and community hall has arts and crafts and various games where they can win prizes. There's a sauna and a hot tub for the adults. Watercraft rentals are available for a small fee as well as bike rentals. The other items I listed are free and DVC members can rent the equipment to use for free as well. There are a couple of other things I just can't remember.

My two DDs (aged 12 and 17 when we travel) love any art and craft type activities, but are they too old to be joining in at the OKW community hall? I don't know where I got it from, but I had the impression these activities were for the under 12s - am I right?

Are there any similar activites at any DVC resorts that would suit their ages?

When we went to OKW just a couple of days ago they had no problem with any age joining in on the activities. P arents were making crafts as well.

I took the hour long landscaping tour at OKW last May and really enjoyed it! Learned that the DVC resorts each do a country at Epcot during the Flower and Garden Show every year and lots of other very interesting sidelights.

At check-in at WL you get a small calender that tells about all the free actitivites that are going on. When we were there in June they had duck races, pool games, arts and crafts, face painting.. meet rosie the pony and for a small fee you could build your own sundae at Roaring Forks. There is also a list of hidden mickeys you can pick up at guest services.

You can use the health club facilities for free, even at other Resorts. I found this out when I toured the one at the Contemporary. The CM told me there was no charge for DVC Members to use their gym. Of course, spa services are extra.

Margie - I think that the no charge to use other resorts spas feature of the DVC membership was recently dropped. There were a few who were apparently abusing the privilege, so we all lose. I'm certain that if you search the DIS boards, you will find out more details.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter