Any had Breast Reduction

crazelion

<font color=blue>Form feet and legs...form arms an
Has any had breast reduction. What are pros and cons of your experience? What would done differently? What do wish some would you after had it. How was out work?

I am having one in Feb.

Thanks in advance

Has any had breast reduction. What are pros and cons of your experience? What would done differently? What do wish some would you after had it. How was out work?

I am having one in Feb.

Thanks in advance

Years ago we had a neighbor whose granddaughter had it done in her late teens, I'm thinking 18 or 19 but honestly not really sure anymore. I don't know many of the details, but I know her grandmother said that her granddaughter was so much more comfortable already after the surgery. Apparently she had been having a lot of back pain, which led to the decision to go forward with surgery. Sorry I don't have more information to share.

I had one done just before I was 21, and would do it again in a heartbeat. It was done under my father's military benefits, so wasn't top shelf plastic surgery type, more do the basics and get out, but even so, it makes a world of difference! My recovery time wasn't too bad, but like I said, I was pretty young and bounced back quickly. I did have to wear a support garment for a month or so, but otherwise, not major.

Had one years ago. One of my best decisions ever. Spent one night in the hospital. Home the next day. Out shopping at sams club the day after.

Had absolutely no issues or problems with the surgery or recovery. Only thing that hurt was getting the tape removed from the incisions, and they may not even do that anymore.

I would not hesitate to have the surgery. It is truly life changing :)

Thank you for information. That what I was looking for.

I had one about 15 years ago. I was really happy with it.

I wish I had had more taken off.

I have also had significant grow back. Not nearly as bad as before, but still significant. I will also admit that some of it is due to weight gain. But others have had them grow after surgery.

I am having one in Feb.

Thanks in advance

July 2005. Best thing I ever did. Only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. Absolutely changed my life.

I have not done that, but I did have breast implants completely removed because I hated them. I went from an A cup to a DD and I thought I wanted them. Nope, for me, huge boobs are the worst.

Has a young teen (8th grade) I was a D cup HATED it. My the time I was "done" they were DD, up to DDD during pregnancy. I still hate them. I have never understood why "big ones" are suppose to be so great. Clothes don't fit right, have to wear a camie under a lot of clothes because the girls show too much. In fact I have the same dress as a co-worker and she can wear it without a camie and it looks great. Me, not so much. There is no way I could wear it without a camie to cover up what shouldn't be on display at work.

If you can do it and are doing it for yourself then go for it.

You will not regret it.
I had mine done over 30 years ago ago. Back then, I could not fit in any size clothing for women, I had to shop in the men’s XL department for shirts and try finding shirts that did not look masculine.

I had no pain, the stitches itched when I healed.

I had one in June. It was the best thing ever. I went from a J to a D cup. Back pain went away immediately. My recovery was pretty bad, but that is because I also had a tummy tuck. One thing that is weird is that it takes a few months to see what they look like. Immediately after surgery, I was probably an A, every week or so they would shift and get a little bigger.

I was out of work for two months, but I am a gymnastics coach and I didn’t feel ready to safely go back.

. One thing that is weird is that it takes a few months to see what they look like. Immediately after surgery, I was probably an A, every week or so they would shift and get a little bigger.

That is weird. I was a B cup after surgery. Still a B cup. Can still wear the bra I had to buy for recovery 20+ years ago.

That is weird. I was a B cup after surgery. Still a B cup. Can still wear the bra I had to buy for recovery 20+ years ago.
j

My doctor told me that this is what would happen and it did. I talked to another lady that was a DD right out of surgery and is an G now, she wishes that she had gone smaller.

One thing that is weird is that it takes a few months to see what they look like. Immediately after surgery, I was probably an A, every week or so they would shift and get a little bigger.

Excellent point -
I had reduction done about 5 years ago. I waited & put it off because I was afraid of having surgery. I'm firmly in the camp of wishing I had done it sooner!
It was several months before everything settled and go back into place so to speak! I have noticed some regrowth in the last year or so - odd as I have actually lost about 20 lbs in the last year! Recovery wasn't that bad, about 2 weeks before I was back to 100%. Oh man - the way button up shirts fit! Being able to fit into a tank top! Not special ordering bras. Life Changing!

Agree with PP, best decision ever! I had it done 10 years ago, after my 3rd and last pregnancy. I was already large (really hated it as a teen) and it got worse with each pregnancy/nursing. For me, I'm glad I waited until after kids because I think it would've ended up larger that I wanted. Worked out perfectly. I've been the same size for the past 10 years. Same day surgery, recovery was a little painful for a couple weeks. I think I took 2 weeks off of work. One of my incisions opened up a bit and I deal with that for a few weeks, but I'm a nurse so it didn't bother me. DH was no help and couldn't look at it though... :rotfl2:

Thank you for all your information. I am excited to have mine done.

I had mine done in Sept 2005 when I was 19. It was actually my mom’s idea and her insurance covered it due to back issues I was having. I am so so so happy I did it. I went from a DDD(probably bigger) to a small C. I wish I would’ve waited until I had my daughter because my size went up a bit but I would definitely do it again in a heartbeat. I have the anchor shaped scar but it has faded and barely visible now.

I had mine done 6 years ago as out patient surgery. I missed a week of work after the surgery and then gradually returned to working working a full day on the Friday of my first week back. Breast reduction surgery was the best decision that I ever made and I would do it again. I was so only able to do down to a side D/DD because of my breast shape but I am still thrilled with the results.

Yes, I had mine done in 2010. No regrets. I stayed out of work for three weeks -- because I had the time. But I suppose I could have gone back sooner. Doc and husband were agreeing I should be a C-cup. I went with a B-cup and I have no had regrets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!