• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any idea on typically how long this virus lasts??

PolyGirl

Polynesian and DCL Addict
It seems like it has been weeks since the virus hit DCL. Does anyone know how long this virus typically lasts. Could it just be the flu now that people are bringing onboard???

I can't imagine waiting all this time for a cruise and then boarding and getting the virus and having to leave or stay in your room for 72 hours! :earseek:

We leave in almosts a months time and it's hard to get excited reading about people still getting sick.

Does anyone think that it would be best to avoid the kids club. It seems like many if not most of the people that have gotten sick started out with their children first.

that only a small % of the passengers came down with the virus. Except for attention to handwashing, there is nothing you can do to keep from getting it. Therefore, since this situation is beyond your control, you shouldn't worry about it...:D

I think your kids will be fine inthe kids club. My kids wiere on 3 cruises and were exposed to Chicken Pox on all three(not vacccinated) Luckily they didn't get it. I know this virus is spread more easily but if they wash their hands and keep hands away from their face they should be fine. I would hate to see them miss all the fun and the virus is not limited to the club.
Have a great Cruise.

We just got back yesterday and DS is fine, he went in the kids club ever day. The CM's were great about telling them they have to wash their hands immediately upon arrival. I really think you have to understand that it is just a virus not the plague. I had terrible diarihha this morning which I attribute to the amoxicillian I am on - it could be the virus but it is ONLY diarihha (or however you spell it) not like I have AIDS or something. Bring pepto ( I took it Thurs. and Friday) and immodium, hand sanitizer and just wash you hands. Personally I think people are bringing this on board with them as I saw total vigulance on disney's part to keep things clean and sanitary. And if I have the virus now who is to say I did not get it from the Hertz rental car, downtown disney, the airplane, my grocery store etc. Wash your hands you will be fine-and if you get it-it will pass. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter