Any idea when will Frontier will release flights for December?

lvdis

love disney
Does anyone know when Frontier typically releases flights for December? I've been impatiently waiting for what seems like forever. They fly nonstop out of a small airport near us and usually have a great price, but I'm getting very impatient to see if the times/prices will be what I'm looking for.

I messaged Frontier on Facebook last month and this is the reply I got; "At this time we do not have information on when our next schedule release will occur. However, we recommend signing up for our email listing to receive updates on our schedule releases, new routes, and fare deals." I am on their mailing list, but still check almost daily to see if they go any further than mid November. I guess you could say I'm a little obsessed! :)

I feel like it was around the end of June when I started being able to check December flights last year, but after watching for flights with them the past several years I don't feel like it's been predictable.

We've never flown Frontier, how do they compare to SWA ?
I have had good luck with Frontier. It's basic, but a value to me especially with a nonstop flight. You do have to pay for your bags and if you want to pre-select your seats so keep that in mind when comparing prices. Our last few flights though we have traveled light and just brought backpacks, which count as a personal item and is free. I have never bought our seats and we have been lucky enough to be assigned seats together even when traveling with a party of 5. I try to check-in close to the 24 hour mark to increase our chances.

For a longer trip, we have shared a bigger checked bag to save on costs and combined that with backpacks.

They are more like Spirit than Southwest. So if flight times works and fare is ok with the fees, I guess acceptable.

My husband had a weird experience on a Frontier flight PHL to Kansas City. Plane landed and about 10 passengers could not find their bags. Then someone came out and said, plane was "overweight" so they moved some bags to the next flight. (!!) Fortunately my husband was not one of these 10.... I told this to a few people and they laughed and said, oh yeah, sounds like Frontier. I never heard of this happening myself anywhere else.

They are more like Spirit than Southwest. So if flight times works and fare is ok with the fees, I guess acceptable.

My husband had a weird experience on a Frontier flight PHL to Kansas City. Plane landed and about 10 passengers could not find their bags. Then someone came out and said, plane was "overweight" so they moved some bags to the next flight. (!!) Fortunately my husband was not one of these 10.... I told this to a few people and they laughed and said, oh yeah, sounds like Frontier. I never heard of this happening myself anywhere else.
Had an even worse experience when traveling with them this past April. Weather caused some issues with flights that day so they canceled the flight.... not a huge deal except this was on a Friday, they then told everyone on the flight they could take a refund or reschedule, but if you reschedule you weren’t getting out until Tuesday.... by the time they got towards the back of the line of people waiting it was Thursday. That’s 4-6 extra nights stranded with no offer to do anything to help. I opted for the refund and had to book a same day of flight with another airline at 2x the original price. I will never fly with them again personally.

Had an even worse experience when traveling with them this past April. Weather caused some issues with flights that day so they canceled the flight.... not a huge deal except this was on a Friday, they then told everyone on the flight they could take a refund or reschedule, but if you reschedule you weren’t getting out until Tuesday.... by the time they got towards the back of the line of people waiting it was Thursday. That’s 4-6 extra nights stranded with no offer to do anything to help. I opted for the refund and had to book a same day of flight with another airline at 2x the original price. I will never fly with them again personally.

That's one of the problems with the discount carriers (Spirit, Allegiant, Frontier) - -if everything goes smoothly, they can be great. The minute something happens though, everything falls apart.

My last trip I flew AA and we didn't make our connection due to weather issues. No problem - AA got us on the next flight (we actually had our choice of several flights) and we were home within 14 hours of our originally scheduled time.

That's one of the problems with the discount carriers (Spirit, Allegiant, Frontier) - -if everything goes smoothly, they can be great. The minute something happens though, everything falls apart.

My last trip I flew AA and we didn't make our connection due to weather issues. No problem - AA got us on the next flight (we actually had our choice of several flights) and we were home within 14 hours of our originally scheduled time.
We actually had a weather issues going down in April also, that time with AA. Same experience they made sure we got where needed to be, same for everyone else on the plane including booking a few from a larger party on another airline to make sure they got there.

We've never flown Frontier, how do they compare to SWA ?

We've never flown SWA, but I've flown Frontier a lot now. Major differences as far as I can tell is that Frontier is your standard discount airline where you pay for everything separately. This works great for us because we rarely ever take a checked bag or even need the paid carry on. You also pay for a seat assignment on Frontier or they will assign your seat. But you get that seat assignment at check-in which as I understand is not the case for SWA. Most of our experiences with Frontier have been great. And the prices for where we fly cannot be beat. We average between $60-$100 Round Trip from NJ/PA to Orlando or Myrtle Beach.

I just noticed Frontier extended their flights through 3/8/2020. It looks like it's just showing the Discount Den rates right now though.

They are available for Den Discount members through 3/11 right now. Not sure when that goes public.

I just snagged 5 RT flights in December from Philly to MCO for less than $500 total (with picking seats for my wife and 2 kids). It almost feels like stealing....We travel light with only a personal item for each person for long weekend trips.

I just snagged 5 RT flights in December from Philly to MCO for less than $500 total (with picking seats for my wife and 2 kids). It almost feels like stealing....We travel light with only a personal item for each person for long weekend trips.

That is EXACTLY the way to do it! We went in December the year before last same flight for 5 and checked just one bag plus free personal items for a total of $510! And that's the most we ever spend with them for a round trip ticket. Usually it's between $60 and $80 per person. I love Frontier!!

Any thoughts on when they might release dates past March 2020? And if they open up booking to discount den members, can everyone still "see" the dates (but just not book?) or do discount den members get 'first look' and 'first book'? when i check flights on kayak, the frontier flight i want pops up, but when i click on it the frontier website doesn't show any flights beyong march. thanks!

Any thoughts on when they might release dates past March 2020? And if they open up booking to discount den members, can everyone still "see" the dates (but just not book?) or do discount den members get 'first look' and 'first book'? when i check flights on kayak, the frontier flight i want pops up, but when i click on it the frontier website doesn't show any flights beyong march. thanks!

Considering December only came out a month ago I would expect it will be a while before dates past March pop up. Yes Den Members get first chance to book, but you should still be able to view them. I can't recall how long that goes on for, but I don't think it's more than a week or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter