any ideas for autograph books or where to buy them ahead of time

Hi all!
I just wanted to give you all an over view of what Pizza Planet/Buzz and Woody was like.
I would like to remind everyone this is just my humble opinion.
The only place you can see Buzz and Woody are at MGM Studios, They have a front up, which looks like Al's Toy Barn but it is just a front. That is were you meet Buzz and Woody who will then Stamp your book. Pizza Planet was closed when we were there and didn't appear to be going to reopen anytime soon. This is totally out of the way and you had to really search for this area if you had never been to MGM.
I would love to tell everyone the rest of the details of this but I'm waiting to hear from Disney in reply to my letter and would like to give them a chance to respond before I start getting ugly about this.
Oh, I almost forgot we didn't see Jessie anyplace!
Thanks and Good Luck,

We also were a bust to see the Toy Story gang, when we visited 6/9. Jessie was there, under the trees, next to Al's Toy Barn. Jessie was DD's favorite Disney character, notice the past tense. We trudged across the park to see her, got in line, and they informed us the line was closed, Jessie would be back in about 40 minutes. Since the line for Woody and Buzz was long, we headed into that line. The characters would go back to "cool off" every 15 minutes (who could blame them, it was about 90!), and DD patiently waited. When she was next in line, it started to rain, and the characters went inside. We waited, and waited, a cast member even came out to tell us where to wait so as not to get so wet. After about 25 minutes, we left. Of course, the rain stopped, and when we made our way back there the line was very long again. The same cast member was there, I tried to see if she remembered us to let DD in, but she didn't. DD was very disappointed (to the point she refused to sleep with her Jessie doll the rest of the trip). But Snow White made up for it, and is now the new favorite!

I must credit my super intelligent 5 year old DD for this idea.

When we moved up here last week, I took the kids to a local $1.99 store. DD bought (among other things), a thick, spiral bound mini-notebook. It has Mickey on the cover & a LOT of multi-colored pages inside of it. She told me "I have plans for this". She wasn't kidding! That night, she went through her Disney stickers & some cutout pictures she had of the characters. She put one character's picture on each page (I think she has just about everyone in there now). Now, she has a place for each one to sign in that book. The only downfall is all the pages to go through for that, but you certainly have the time to prepare while waiting in the lines for the autographs. Not to mention, you wouldn't HAVE to designate pages as she did. The book alone is really quite ideal for it all on its own.

Hello Wahoo776 (Amy)
Thanks for the incredible autograph book idea. I just made one for myself! After all, going to Disney World was my idea and I'm paying the bills! I found lots of good websites with great clipart. In the back of the book I also added a page with a flag for each country in the World Showcase.
Now I'm going to show it to my grandkids, and make all 6 of them each one. Only 4 months to go now before our Mad Matriarch's Disney tea party.
Terrise

OK... all ready to make books for my girls and in my piles of scrapbook stuff I found 2 spiral scrapbooks UNUSED!!

They would be perfect for this only I'm a little concerned about the size.

They are 4 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches plus extra for the spiral.

Will the characters be able to hold them that size? Or do they need to be bigger?

I found lots of good websites with great clipart.

Terrise - Where? Could you post some of the sites - particularly where I can find the villians? My 3yo DD loves the villians.

Do you think I need to worry about that? ;) ;)

Thanks

Terrise

You go, you Disney Matriarch you!!!:Pinkbounc

We never thought to add the Epcot Worlds, we will be doing that for next year!!!

Thank you!

Jrdriscoll

I think the books will be fine! The autographs books at the park are smaller or the same size as that, I think!

Good Luck!

Someone pleeeeassssee tell me where to find Stickers! lol~ I have been all over this town trying to find stickers other than Mickey & Gang and Pooh.

Help!

Heather

Heather,

I was at our local Dollar Tree about 3 days ago and the had a bunch of Disney Stickers. You may want to try you there, if you have on in the area. We found another great place was McFrugal's or Big Lots.

Good Luck,

Amy

My kids have several trips' worth of autograph books, and on our last trip we did not plan on standing in a lot of character lines...but they still wanted to get a few special autographs. We bought a plain bright pink hip pack for 8yo DD, and a plain bright hunter orange baseball hat for 10yo DS, and had the characters autograph those instead of books. I made a little blankie for my toddler, with a Minnie Mouse print on one side and a piece of flannel on the other. The characters autographed the Minnie side. (I even sewed a handle on the blankie so that we could attach it to her stroller so it wouldn't get lost.) She sleeps with it even now.

Even if you do use autograph books, you might want to bring along something else to have autographed as well. They still use and enjoy these things well beyond the trip, but their autograph books pretty much just stay on the shelf.

I got the idea for making an autograph book for DS somewhere on this forum and while it took quite a bit of time -- it was well worth it! The characters just LOVE to see their pictures. I took
4 x 6 index cards and printed a character on each card. I found several great clipart sites. I also bought a small 3-ring photo album with Pooh and friends from Wal-mart. I took the plastic protector pages out, punched holes in the index cards, and put them in the binder with tabs to separate groups of characters. The only trouble I had was having too many character cards to fit in the binder - had to leave out a few! Here are some of the Clipart sites I found that were helpful:

http://www.disneyclipart.com/

http://wondersofdisney.disneyfansites.com/clipart.html

http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Resort/4382/clipart.html

http://www.geocities.com/tonsofdisneyclipart/index.html

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Lane/6362/disney1.html

Anyway, I hope these sites help!

Christine

jeanneg4of4
hi just to add to wahoo776's replies. I am the friend that made the autograph books with lots of help from my kids. I used a spiral binder that was $2.35 from Wal-Mart, the paper was what I had at home almost the weight of card stock. I found alot of stickers at party stores and Toys R Us. Don't forget to include Lilo and Stitch they are at MGM and what great characters. We just returned a week ago from our latest trip. :Pinkbounc

Teri

Dec 2004 Disney Cruise (Vow renewal)
June 2002 Ft. Wilderness and All-Star Sports
March 2002 All-Star Movies
Dec 2001 All-Star Music
May 2001 All-Star Movies (Girl Scouts)

I made two autograph books! I found small spiral notebooks for 99 cents at Odd Lots, they had great colors and one is even lime green. We used stickers, clip art, and scrapbook paper for each page. I had all of this on hand so it didn't cost any extra. I used my xyron machine to add a sticky back to the cutouts. They look great and we are still adding to it. I also printed out the flags for each world showcase country.

I made books for my kids last trip that served as autograph/memory/travel journal/activity books. For every country there was an educational question to which they had to find the answer and a place for the passport stamp. I used www.disneyclipart.com and printed everything on cardstock. I found a plastic binder of pockets that allowed me to design my own cover and slide it in. The pages I made also were covered with plastic. We had characters sign by their pictures, and after we got our photos back I added them to the books. It had a travel journal section as well as activity pages. Throughout the book were things like, "If I had a magic carpet I would go to", or "My favorite ride was". There was a page devoted to their favorites and pages for character meals. Each park had its own section, and I had specific pictures in mind like the kids pulling the Sword in the Stone. I'd already used that logo above where the picture would go. There were pages for travel days, NASA, and the resort. To summarize, it was very detailed and very time consuming. However, it is the best souvenir my kids have, and they love the books. Also, they got lots of extra attention from the characters, especially Mickey whose helper kept reminding him that there was a line growing. He just kept waving her off until he got to see every page.

I'm doing these again, but I'm going to take it to an office store to be bound in a plastic cover which will cost about $2.50 each. The front is clear, so my cover design won't be covered. However, we will have to keep them in ziplocks to protect from rain. I'm trying this method because we had to pull the pages out of the pockets for characters to sign, and we had to secure the tops with paperclips to ensure they didn't slip out if we picked it up wrong. I'm also doing a table of contents and using tabs to help us find specific characters quickly.

Did anyone have a problem printing on the card stock paper? I don't have the best printer in the world (no pun intended lol!),but it sounds like a great idea.
Thanks,
Duck

I use card stock all the time for different projects and I have never had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter