• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Ideas for suprising a wdw trip?

donald duck2

Earning My Ears
My family and I are surprising my father with a surprise trip to WDW in August for his 60th birthday. We are telling him this weekend and wanted to know if anybody had any suggestions on how to tell him. We rented a mickey custom and will have somebody dressed up as mickey coming to the door, but we need something for the Mickey to give him. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I would suggest some tip of book...maybe a guide book or nice disney photo book..or you could make an invitation scrapbook of sorts

I kinda picture Mickey giving a huge gold key. Spray paint and styrofoam from a kraft store.

Then an engraved invitaion with books to read.

thank you very much for the responses. I am going to use both ideas, the key and an engraved invitation. I'm sure he will be very happy. Thank you again

Be sure to capture the moment on camera--still and/or video! We surprised our kids with a trip recently and we still get a kick out of watching their reactions to the surprise! Have a great trip!!

Oh, I LOVE the Mickey-with-a-big-gold-key idea!

Definately capture the moment on film...and please, post back & tell us how it went!

The night went very well. We printed an invitation and made the gold key. The Mickey knocked on the door and he answered it. I rented a very good costume. It looked very much like the "real" Mickey Mouse. My father was very surprised and happy. Although he has been to WDW plenty of times while we were growing up, he hasn't been there in a while. I'm sure we will all have a great time over the summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter