Any Ideas???????

linny172

Mouseketeer
Anyone have any ideas for a easy different pot luck dish, have a pot luck at work Friday and I am tired of the usual potato salad, mac. salad etc. any thing would be appreciated, slads desserts etc. Thanks

I actually have a quick and easy recipe ...

My Mom's 3 bean salad

1 can of kidney beans
1 can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
1 can of string beans (whole or cut, not the french sliced ones)
1 onion
1 bottle of italian salad dressing (regular or low-fat)

Toss all the beans in a colander and rinse them well. Cut up the onion into small pieces (but not into very small pieces). Then add the Italian salad dressing (I don't know how much, I'd say to taste). Mix it all up. Refrigerate and serve cold or at room temperature.

My mom tells me everyone seems to like it, and I think it's good. And even I can make it.

Donna

This is one I got at a friend's backyard party. Someone brought it with them and everyone raved. When I asked her how to make it I almost laughed at how easy it is. Then I made it at a party and drew rave reviews again:

Chocolate Eclair Dessert

Recipe:
butter/margarine or Pam spray
1 box graham crackers
2 sm. pkg. instant vanilla pudding
3 c. milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 ( 12 oz. ) container Cool Whip
1 container chocolate frosting

Lightly butter (or use Pam) the bottom of 9x13 inch glass pan. Line pan with a layer of graham crackers ( do not crush ) Mix pudding mix with milk. Add 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Beat at med. speed 2 min. Blend in Cool Whip.

Pour 1/2 mixture over graham crackers and smooth out. Add second layer of graham crackers on top of pudding mix. Pour the remaining pudding mix on second layer of crackers. Top with another layer of graham crackers.

Here's my tip: The recipe called for cake frosting to be spread over the top of the dish, but when I went to do that it was very hard to spread. I put the container in the microwave for a few seconds and then poured it over the top. I could smooth it out and then when I put it in the fridge it rehardened. If you don't have a microwave you can heat it on the stove top too.

Refridgerate until ready to use.

I have eaten pre-cooked, frozen chicken wings at a couple of parties, and they are quite popular. I think I had teryaki. You can just cook them at the party. I notice these chicken wings are less greasy than the ones I make fresh. Much better for handling at a party.

For my last potluck, I just grabbed my chicken enchilada casserole from the freezer (I made it 2 months ago) and it was a success. I think the secret to using frozen foods is to make sure they are completely defrosted in the fridge, first. They seem to keep their texture much better. You couldn't tell my dish was frozen. Mine was one of two hot entrees at the party, so I guess nobody else felt like cooking at this time of year, either.:pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter