Any intel on the Cantina that will be in Galaxy's Edge?

Farro

Argh.
Meaning, is it a bar with alcohol? Or counter service? Or a restaurant?

It would be pretty cool if they had aliens sitting among us regular patrons to try and converse with! :rotfl:

Meaning, is it a bar with alcohol? Or counter service? Or a restaurant?

It would be pretty cool if they had aliens sitting among us regular patrons to try and converse with! :rotfl:
We don’t know much yet other than there will be one.

There will be a quick service and table service in the land.

Pure speculation, but I can see it having a “bar” aspect to it. Maybe like a lounge or something

Pure speculation, but I can see it having a “bar” aspect to it. Maybe like a lounge or something

It could be so great. Human customers (us) interacting with different alien races...it could sort of be like the Adventurer's Club (no skits though), but in another galaxy! So much potential there....

It could be so great. Human customers (us) interacting with different alien races...it could sort of be like the Adventurer's Club (no skits though), but in another galaxy! So much potential there....
I’m very curious how in depth they go. Could just be three broomsticks level where it’s just a themed eatery or as you’re saying a lot more in-depth and interesting. Very intriguing for sure

I’m very curious how in depth they go. Could just be three broomsticks level where it’s just a themed eatery or as you’re saying a lot more in-depth and interesting. Very intriguing for sure

I was doing more pretend planning of it - as one does on a Saturday night - and the problem is if it's a dedicated lounge/bar, I'm not sure how much traffic it would get in a theme park? It would have to allow children (fine) and then offer bar snacks/food.
Or be a separate section off of a table or counter service place.

I doubt they'd be able to have roaming characters all day, especially if not a lot of people going to the bar in the day. But perhaps they could start the extra-terrestrial mingling after a certain hour?

I just want a picture of me sitting at the bar, drinking a martini and having an in-depth conversation about inter-galactic politics with these guys (a girl can dream, right? ;)):

star-wars-celebration-cantina-634x422.jpg

I was doing more pretend planning of it - as one does on a Saturday night - and the problem is if it's a dedicated lounge/bar, I'm not sure how much traffic it would get in a theme park? It would have to allow children (fine) and then offer bar snacks/food.

I doubt they'd be able to have roaming characters all day, especially if not a lot of people going to the bar in the day. But perhaps they could start the extra-terrestrial mingling after a certain hour?

I just want a picture of me sitting at the bar, drinking a martini and having an in-depth conversation about inter-galactic politics with these guys (a girl can dream, right? ;)):

View attachment 319786
In my mind if there’s a lounge/bar it’s gonna be separate from the main restaurant. Which I think gives the best of both worlds in my mind (restaurant experience and the bar we all deserve).

I need roaming characters now though that you’ve planted that seed in my head :worship:

In my mind if there’s a lounge/bar it’s gonna be separate from the main restaurant. Which I think gives the best of both worlds in my mind (restaurant experience and the bar we all deserve).

I need roaming characters now though that you’ve planted that seed in my head :worship:

:rotfl: Perhaps there is a suggestion box somewhere I can leave my idea.

I saw one report that it would be a table service (taking ADRs) but also have a “bar” area that would allow walk ins o you can still check ornaments out even if you can’t get an ADR

No idea if accurate but seems plausible

Disneyland park has always prided itself on not serving alcohol in the park, except for Club33, so i don't think they will suddenly start doing it here, just becasue they built a new land.

View attachment 319786

I don't think they'll have an issue keeping the bar full all day. Look at La Cava, Tune In Lounge, Brown Derby Lounge, Rose and Crown, etc. There are always plenty of people in those bars.

View attachment 319786

I think you would do it in the typical restaurant type section where you have a bar area and then tables through the rest of the area. I'm thinking a layout like The Hanger at Disney Springs

the only problem with roaming characters is that if the place is busy you don't want actors/cast taking up room that customers could use. So maybe have a functional bar/resturaant area and maybe a meet and greet area for cool pictures.

I don't think they'll have an issue keeping the bar full all day. Look at La Cava, Tune In Lounge, Brown Derby Lounge, Rose and Crown, etc. There are always plenty of people in those bars.

That's true!

I think you would do it in the typical restaurant type section where you have a bar area and then tables through the rest of the area. I'm thinking a layout like The Hanger at Disney Springs

the only problem with roaming characters is that if the place is busy you don't want actors/cast taking up room that customers could use. So maybe have a functional bar/resturaant area and maybe a meet and greet area for cool pictures.

I know realistically it won't happen, but it would be much more authentic if the aliens were just other patrons at the bar. Just a few scattered about. Like an unscripted show that takes place with the audience.

It could happen, but Disney would have to be willing to give up a table or quick service to be able to go really crazy with this idea.

It could actually be a huge money maker if you think about. A big demographic that will be coming to Galaxy's Edge is my demographic, 40 and up. And to be able to hang out in the Cantina we remember from Star Wars? Priceless! :)

Disneyland park has always prided itself on not serving alcohol in the park, except for Club33, so i don't think they will suddenly start doing it here, just becasue they built a new land.
They might have it so that Hollywood Studio's version has alcohol and Disneyland's doesn't.

I know realistically it won't happen, but it would be much more authentic if the aliens were just other patrons at the bar. Just a few scattered about. Like an unscripted show that takes place with the audience.

It could happen, but Disney would have to be willing to give up a table or quick service to be able to go really crazy with this idea.

It could actually be a huge money maker if you think about. A big demographic that will be coming to Galaxy's Edge is my demographic, 40 and up. And to be able to hang out in the Cantina we remember from Star Wars? Priceless! :)

Yeah in the land and especially with how crowded it will be realisticially it won't happen unless it is in a meet and greet section of the cantina though it would be cool.

Now, at the Star Wars Resort and when the Star Wars resort has exclusive time in galaxy's edge.... I think the possibilities on what you can do very much increase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter