Any interest in a NO-WORK - just shop swap?

pattyT

DIS Veteran
EMBELLISHMENTS
we could do something like-
Each color has 5 catagories -

Red-
Buttons (6 pp)
Fibers (1 yrd pp)
1/8 Eyelets (10 pp)
3/16 Eyelets (6 pp)
Shaped eyelets (6 pp)

Yellow-

Buttons (6 pp)
Fibers (1 yrd pp)
1/8 Eyelets (10 pp)
3/16 Eyelets (6 pp)
Shaped eyelets (6 pp)

Purple-

I think you get the idea -
any interest?

sounds like fun. But just not a good time. I need to finish the DIsney swap, SS and then the fall....Then hopefully we will do our Christmas Secret Santa again!

just thought I'd put it out there since it is easy
and I did one a few months back and I am ALWAYS digging into the stash - and it is EASY for layouts!

:)

I've participated in a few supply swaps on another site. They are sooooo easy. And for a few of them I've actually had enough on hand of what I signed up for that I didn't have to go out and buy anything.

Would love to do this. I'm already in a million swaps, what's one more?! besides, embellishments are fun and very EZ to do!

Peggy (peggyalto@aol.com)

as I recall with the one that I did - it got messy when people ordered stuff online - and it was backordered, and yaddi yaddi yaddi
so I am thinking that a September 30the deadline would work allowing PLENTY of time for eveyone to find that online vendor with the best price, order, recieve, divide, and mail!

You can sign up for any and/or all colors depending on what you want to invest or what you use. So you could spend $2 or $20
If we don't get enough interest in a color we will have to modify it though.

We need 5 people per color to make it worth it I think!
Or instead of colors we could do
Primary's
Jewel Tones
Pastels
Earth Tones
Giving flexibility to it. Maybe allowing some to use stuff they have already!

What do you all think?

I like the groupings (primary, jewel tones, etc.) better than a single color. That way we have a little leaway and there's also more of an element of surprise. And a September 30 due date sounds good, too. :)

Sounds great! Are you going to have specific slots within each grouping (say, fiber, eyelets, etc) or anything goes (with specified amounts for each type)? Or will you want to do a "kit"?

Peggy

I was thinking along the lines of a kit
one person for each type of embellishment example-

Loke listed in the original post with
PRIMARY
instead of RED

Pastel
instead of Yellow

etc.

You could sing up for one group or all groups - one thing in each group!
This will ensure we don't get 150 primary eyelets LOl (hhmmm maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing ! :)

I quess I will post a sign up thread with all the final details now since it appears as though we have some interest! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter