Any Japanese Maple doctors in the house?

Muushka

<font color=red>I usually feel like I just stepped
Hi. I don't usually visit here, but was hoping someone could give some advice.

I have several Japanese Maples. 2 pretty mature ones about 20 feet apart. They are each about 15 years old.

One of them, which has grown like a week is suddenly not doing well.

Shedding leaves, arbitrarily. Several branches are bare now, so sad. The other one is perfectly healthy.
Nothing has changed in the area at all.

I tried to inquire about it at our landscaping place but they insisted on a house call
(I did bring a branch and could have brought pictures).

Has anyone got info to help my poor tree? Thanks :sad:

I had the exact same situation as you, except with my Newport Plum trees. Your best bet would be to search the web. There is a alot of info available for trees, shrubbery, and flowers. I have Japanese Maples, too, and I would be upset if something happened to them. Good luck to you!

Hi Marshy :wave:

I was able to speak via email with pictures with an arborist. He suggested that with all of the wet weather we have received and the placing of the tree (between house and sidewalk) that the roots were too wet. I checked the base of the tree and sure enough, that seemed to be the problem. There is a French drain near it so I made some changes and hopefully it will live. This year is probably done for the poor thing, but fingers crossed for next year. Thanks for best wishes!

My Japanese fingerling maple gets hit by the late frosts we have in Ohio. We had a bad one this year, so it doesn't look as beautiful as I had hoped. In a different house, we had one that was more protected.

I hope what you have done does the trick! They are beautiful trees!

Hi Bobbi :wave:

I think the condition was halted between what I did and the fact that the heavy rains let up.
Fingers crossed that it will come back healthy next year. I love my trees!

You know you can often get free gardening advice and tree advice from your local cooperative extension service? I emailed ours a photo and the arborist diagnosed "woodpeckers" by return email.

You know you can often get free gardening advice and tree advice from your local cooperative extension service? I emailed ours a photo and the arborist diagnosed "woodpeckers" by return email.

I am unaware of local cooperative extension service, what is that? Thanks!

I never thought of asking our local university. And they have those programs there.

In the meantime, it is spring and I think the tree might be OK. And I nearly lost another due to sewer problems and excavation, but I think that one will be OK too. While investigating about moving that one, we realized that that JM had the same problem as the other one, he could put his fist right thru the soil surrounding the tree. He addressed that also and I think that one will be all right too. Thanks all

I never thought of asking our local university. And they have those programs there.

In the meantime, it is spring and I think the tree might be OK. And I nearly lost another due to sewer problems and excavation, but I think that one will be OK too. While investigating about moving that one, we realized that that JM had the same problem as the other one, he could put his fist right thru the soil surrounding the tree. He addressed that also and I think that one will be all right too. Thanks all

Hi Muushka!:flower3:

They are beautiful trees, I hope it works out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!